Power Programmers

Jeffguy11

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Has anyone out there used a power programmer on their gen2? i was thinking of going with the superchips (or whatever they call themselves now) power programmer because i have heard good things, but i only know of people who have used them on trucks and i wonder if they work as well on the dohc 4.6. any ideas?

Yes, I have one for my 98, and one for my PSD.

I haven't done much with the lincoln one, but it came in REAL handy when I had the car dyno tuned in AZ.

I use the one for my PSD all the time when I pull a heavy load (Over 11K). Flash it with the Xcal tune, tow the load, return it to stock afterwards. I'd keep the custom tune there all the time, but the 6L FORD diesels are very high strung from the factory, and you are asking for nothing but trouble if you modify the OEM tune and run it with a custom tune/chip all the time.

I know way too many people with edge programmers who have started to see problems at 80K miles on those diesels.

You can use the X-Cal to run error codes, as well. That makes it worth it, right there considering what stealerships charge you just to read them...

Members online

No members online now.
Back