Please let me out!

laplante

New LVC Member
Reaction score
All of a sudden my driver's side door won't open from the inside. Still opens from the outside. Anybody got any ideas?

Steve

Weld the doors shut and study the technique of the Dukes of Hazzard. hehe. I had this happen before too, wife pulled the crap out of the handle, You need to replace the inside handle, they have a tendency to crack from inside the door, where they attach to the lock/unlock mechanism. The handle wasnt too expensive from the dealer.

the door lock is cable operated so the cable coould be a problem too. I yanked off the door panel before it doesnt look too complicated

I had this happen to me on my 2000 Lincoln LS seems this is something that happpened to the 2000 models....
You need to replace the door handle and the door latch. If you go to a Ford dealer that handle is around $50 the latch in $500!!! I went to our local junk yard and got both parts for $150 put them both on and the door works great now....
If you wait too long eventually the door won't open from the outside either. The door handle and latch work together so you must replace both parts.
Hope this helps you out been there and done that!!!! :L

Go to search this forum, advanced search put in door latch. It will pull my several threads click on the What's wrong with my door??? thread. That is where I got my information when my door quit working then I went to the dealership and had it confirmed bought the parts used and hubby put them on himself.......Good luck!

this JUST happened to me a week ago... i brought it to my dealer, they told me the cable was stretched out or suttin, and they replaced it n put on a new door handle on the inside... cost me $180...

ive had that problem for 3 months now, just too lazy too fix it. mine wasnt the cable though, its jsut the handle, theyre cheap plastic and snap off. its a 40 dollar part and an hour fix but just too hot and just got back in town

Members online

No members online now.
Back