PLEASE Im removing my PCM and need help

Sorry for the last post ...after reading your first couple posts I saw you're in need of Forscan...plug the bluetooth in the port under steering column you'll see the plug and play connector...then hook up your bluetooth with OBDII in your smart phone next open the Forscan app wait for connectivity with wifi on and connecting you should be good to go it will show your make and model in first window and then you can go into LIVE time and put your pids into dashboard...also run your error codes report back to us
i already have the adapter and forscan with a license i just need to know what i need to do but i can search around these and the forscan forums

so i’m trying to program it but everytime i do something it says “Service Procedure has been interrupted “ why is that i think i need to gain security access but how this is confusing

also not everything in the programming/computer page is gone all’s the modules are gone and i tried starting new profiles and all that i’m also noticing battery voltage go down it went all the way down to 10.7 V slowly over time

also not everything in the programming/computer page is gone all’s the modules are gone and i tried starting new profiles and all that i’m also noticing battery voltage go down it went all the way down to 10.7 V slowly over time
The battery needs to be fully charged for this to work. The procedure takes ten minutes with the key in the run position. If the battery is not great, then you will need to keep a charger on it. (One of the newer ones, not one of the old half-wave ones)

hey, the car is now running and i don’t see the engine failsafe mode anymore but it still says service park brake and is still running rough as well as a lot of electronic stuff isn’t working like the driver power seat (passenger works) power mirrors as well as the ac only blows HOT air not just normal air, hot air which is weird, why is all this

Those all sound like separate problems, and not terribly uncommon ones.

Just to let ya know i bought one of these cars for 1000$ and i got about 8k into it now and it still ain't 100%. I wish I'd have gave up thousands ago but i figured eventually I'd have everything replaced then it should last a few years i hope, ha

Just to let ya know i bought one of these cars for 1000$ and i got about 8k into it now and it still ain't 100%. I wish I'd have gave up thousands ago but i figured eventually I'd have everything replaced then it should last a few years i hope, ha
so youre saying i should porbably sell it before i invest too much, i have another car so thats not a problem\

so youre saying i should porbably sell it before i invest too much, i have another car so thats not a problem\
I'm not sure what you paid for yours, but these cars were $50K+ when new, so consider the maintenance costs proportionately.

I'm not sure what you paid for yours, but these cars were $50K+ when new, so consider the maintenance costs proportionately.
yeah i bought mine for 1200 but i also had intention of selling it after maybe having a little fun with it but seems like i didn’t do enough research and it’s been a nightmare

yeah i bought mine for 1200 but i also had intention of selling it after maybe having a little fun with it but seems like i didn’t do enough research and it’s been a nightmare
Ya Joe is an expert, he knows his stuff for sure. My costs include some mechanic labor as well as a failed engine which instantly adds about 3k, if you can do everything yourself you'll save money but parts are hard or impossible to find and fail often it seems. But it is a fun car to drive, and I'm still putting money into mine, but it definitely ain't worth it and I'll never recoup it by selling. My whole cooling system, brakes, and suspension system were trashed, as well as a few other things, abs module, brake booster, xenon headlight i can't find. You might get lucky though, i think i got a particular bad example, it wasn't very well taken care of before me, that could make a huge difference.

Ya Joe is an expert, he knows his stuff for sure. My costs include some mechanic labor as well as a failed engine which instantly adds about 3k, if you can do everything yourself you'll save money but parts are hard or impossible to find and fail often it seems. But it is a fun car to drive, and I'm still putting money into mine, but it definitely ain't worth it and I'll never recoup it by selling. My whole cooling system, brakes, and suspension system were trashed, as well as a few other things, abs module, brake booster, xenon headlight i can't find. You might get lucky though, i think i got a particular bad example, it wasn't very well taken care of before me, that could make a huge difference.
well mine is in pretty alright condition, once its moving it drives pretty good it just idles pretty rough and feels like its shaking and i just cant figure out the "service park brake" message thats showing and beeping at all times. and yeah joe is a real genius man too bad i cant just pay to fly him out and fix it for me lol

Edit: i noticed you had the service park brake too, is that right? if so how did you fix that

Last edited:
i saw there was a way to reset the park brake, i did replace the pcm so should i do this?
It's not related to the PCM at all (that's all stored on the EPB module).
You can try the reset though.

I haven't fixed my park brake yet, mechanic that's doing the engine is supposed to look at it.

so i finially got a code for my park brake module its C1988 it says " Yellow fault warning Lamp indicator Circuit Failure" this should be whats causing service park brake right. also how do i go about fixing it i cant find anything online

i saw that i could try disconnecting the EPB module and that it’s by the left wheel well in the trunk but i cannot find it at all i looked on the right as well

i saw that i could try disconnecting the EPB module and that it’s by the left wheel well in the trunk but i cannot find it at all i looked on the right as well
It is indeed on the left (driver's side) wall of the trunk at the back, and somewhat difficult to see and get to. Anyway, disconnecting it isn't going to help.

so i finially got a code for my park brake module its C1988 it says " Yellow fault warning Lamp indicator Circuit Failure" this should be whats causing service park brake right. also how do i go about fixing it i cant find anything online
While it could be something else, it is almost certainly your parking brake switch in the floor console. The plastic hinges get brittle and break. I was able to fashion metal ones that worked okay. Good luck finding a working switch anywhere now...

so youre saying that it could be the actual switch itself that you pull that can cause the service park brake message

so youre saying that it could be the actual switch itself that you pull that can cause the service park brake message
Yup, however this doesn't seem to be my issue, my switch feels fine, and it actually worked once after my mechanic was looking at it, but then the error came back. I'm lucky it didn't get stuck on, ha

With what you wrote maybe some background info on the car would help?
You got it cheap with no keys? Was this a theft recovery or something?
Any story behind the car?

With what you wrote maybe some background info on the car would help?
You got it cheap with no keys? Was this a theft recovery or something?
Any story behind the car?
no i had one key but it wasnt a factory key however a clean title and everything and the guy said he got it from his childhood bestfriends grandma and he seems very genuine i doubt it was theft or anything like that

hey i feel like an idiot i found out the KAM fuse wasn’t even in the car it’s still running rough but all the engine codes went away and electrical stuff works i think it’s probably the pcm or cats

Members online

Back