Pimped out MKSes at SEMA

captainalias

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of after-market modifications, but the black MKS version looks ok.

010_fordsemabooth2008.jpg

021_fordsemabooth2008.jpg

035_fordsemabooth2008.jpg

The black one looks the best the other 2 have some ugly rims.

Are you telling me you wouldn't trade your MK8 for a brand new MKS if money wasn't an issue??

i wouldnt! With the price tag of the MKS and CTS-V being so close, I would never in a billion years opt for the 200+hp loss of the MKS...... and styling is 1000 x better on the CTS-V imo

i wouldnt! With the price tag of the MKS and CTS-V being so close, I would never in a billion years opt for the 200+hp loss of the MKS...... and styling is 1000 x better on the CTS-V imo

Two different animals and the MKS is around $47,000 fully loaded,CTS-V starts at $60,000.

hmmmmm I can see where your coming from with saying or thinking they are different animals, but I disagree. The LS and Caterra were Ford and GM going after the same market as the BMW Adui crowd. The LS has been replaced with the MKS and the caterra is now CTS. Even if and when Ford releases the econoboost v6 with 3?? hp, it will still not touch even the CTS-4 with optional 411ish hp. If the MKS cant keep up with the CTS/CTS-4 and the CTS V is so ridiculously cheep for what it is, I would never buy the MKS. CTS and MKS are the same animal, and the bad boy CTS is leaps and bounds above the baddest of concept MKS's

Lincoln really doesn't see the CTS as competition,the MKS goes against the STS.From what I've heard the CTS has a lot of problems,I don't know about the older model but my uncle's 08 cts broke down already in about 3 months.The MKS isn't about performance,its more of a smooth riding cruising car.When it get's the Ecoboost it should help it out in the performance aspect.

Are you telling me you wouldn't trade your MK8 for a brand new MKS if money wasn't an issue??

Nope...

If someone was going to give me a brand new MKS or a clean Mark VIII, money not being considered I would take the Mark all day long.

hmmmmm I can see where your coming from with saying or thinking they are different animals, but I disagree. The LS and Caterra were Ford and GM going after the same market as the BMW Adui crowd. The LS has been replaced with the MKS and the caterra is now CTS. Even if and when Ford releases the econoboost v6 with 3?? hp, it will still not touch even the CTS-4 with optional 411ish hp. If the MKS cant keep up with the CTS/CTS-4 and the CTS V is so ridiculously cheep for what it is, I would never buy the MKS. CTS and MKS are the same animal, and the bad boy CTS is leaps and bounds above the baddest of concept MKS's

The measure of a sedan isn't merely its hp; if the past fuel price scare has demonstrated anything, it's that Americans are willing to sacrifice hp for better fuel economy.

Given this worsening economy, a $40K Lincoln is going to be more appealing than a $70K CTS to most people, even to the wealthy crowd.

Members online

No members online now.
Back