people with subs

newnanls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
this is a question for all the people with subs in the trunk, how bad is the rattle of the trunk? im about to put my system in and it crossed my mind.

without doing anything but dropping in my subs (two l5's with 1200 watt amp the deck lid ratteled quite abit *after some time it make the metal more flexible and softer* so it never getts better you couldnt hear it inside the car *DUHHH TO LOUD!!!* and it wasnt as bad as most cars that do it so Im going to
soon as i get a new setup just cuz its a lincoln and dont want to Ghetto it n e more

with 2 12s it rattled like none other. real bad. hey MOTTS hit me up, did u talk to ur boy. 314-599-BILL

Get some sound deadening. I've got 2 12's and they rattle like no ones business.

This thread reminded me I need to put my deadening in and buy some subs. The ones I want are still on back order so now I'm thinking of maybe 2 Boston G5 12's.

Black03 said:
This thread reminded me I need to put my deadening in and buy some subs. The ones I want are still on back order so now I'm thinking of maybe 2 Boston G5 12's.
Good choice....that is exactly what is going in mine. They are great SQ subs, with a lot of output. Make sure you do a sealed box with 2 tuned passive radiators with the G5's. :Beer

newnanls said:
if u want some good subs check out the following: www.edesignaudio.com or www.adireaudio.com www.reaudio.com the sub i have is from reaudio and is awesome the 15' XXX

I wanted the Elemental Designs 13Ov.2 but they have been on back order for months.

galantz28x said:
Good choice....that is exactly what is going in mine. They are great SQ subs, with a lot of output. Make sure you do a sealed box with 2 tuned passive radiators with the G5's. :Beer

I was thinking about that. My friend is running 2 G5 12's with the radiators in a sealed box. I wanted to port them through the stock 6x9 locations though so the rads won't help me. He got a sweet hookup on his, I'm trying to get the same or similar deal, no way will I pay $400 per driver.

Black03 said:
I wanted the Elemental Designs 13Ov.2 but they have been on back order for months.

I was thinking about that. My friend is running 2 G5 12's with the radiators in a sealed box. I wanted to port them through the stock 6x9 locations though so the rads won't help me. He got a sweet hookup on his, I'm trying to get the same or similar deal, no way will I pay $400 per driver.
How cheap did he get them for???

Around half. He knows somebody who owns an audio shop. I don't think I can get that kind of a deal, but even close to that I'll be happy.

He is out of stock on the 12" so he'll have to order if I go through him, probably cost a little more now.

i have an E12K the flat carbon fiber cone but it doesnt have the carbon on it so its just the fiber wraping from elemental a very nice sub although it has a crease in the cone but im sending it to them and if they fix it im gonna sell it, il let yall know a little down the road.

i could not resis this
I have a Sub
yes she is
a Submissive i dont
put her in the trunk so dont know about a ratle guys LOL

I had 3 12" crossfire BMFs i took them out and put in a DD 9512 in a rear horn enclosure. The 12 ended up being louder then the crossfires pulling 146.3dbs.. The sub is powered by a modded Visonik 4000xD. As far as deadining the trunk...
biggap2.jpg

I used a product called Great Stuff, its an expanding foam. I sprayed a can into all the holes on the trunk lid and the panels got very stiff and it silenced the trunk a lot. I am going to use Second Skin over the panels as soon as i get some time and money, been really busy these days... I will include some pics of my box/sub.

its like 3 bucks at lowes, can't go wrong, if it doesn't work then you have too much bass for a quick fix like that. CAREFUL not to put too much in one area, spread an entire can evenly throughout the entire trunk lid, using more then one can and using too much in one area and you will run the risk of making the trunk lid buldge out. If you need more sound dampening go with fatmat, dynamat extreme (X2 layers), second skin, If your getting rattle from under your car i would coat thespare tire well with a liquid truck bed liner.

IMO secondskin is the best, dynamax is the most popular but sucks. Fatmat works well too although i have had problems while trying to apply it.

The only downside to secondskin is its so sticky that it becomes nearly permanent, peeling it off is impossible without a solvent.

i am a painter and we use greeat stuff regularly. make sure you put some gloves on and cover anyhting u dont want it to stick to. that stuff isnt soo grreat if u get it on your hands.
adrian, where the hell have you been also y do u have all those chambers in your box what does that do.; welcome back

It is a rear horn enclosure similar to a snail shell enclosure. Its a cracked out ported box. The idea is to balance the harmonics with distortion. Its built for SPL competitions. The extremely long port allows resonant frequency to be tuned pretty high to peak during maximum subwoofer excursion. The compresson chamber is angled to get a nice quarter-wave output. The particular design isn't used much because its sooo big for 1 12" woofer. Its a really strong box, the port acts like bracings. Before i put the sub in i put in about a kelo of polyfill, polyfill makes the enclosure 'seem' bigger to the quarter-wave signal. Powered for sound makes similar enclosures, they are pretty hot these days.

http://www.powered4sound.com/

I have been in europe all summer. I left europe after the subway bombing and vacationed in mexico for a while. Been back in the US for about 3 weeks but been busy trying to get organized again.

Members online

Back