PATS Security and Instrument Cluster

Oilslick00

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Lincoln LS Premium Sports Package Black on Black with a bad instrument cluster. I've tried several instrument clusters with the correct engineering number but they all failed to communicate with my PCM. My PCM is new. I would like to know if I took the PCM, instrument cluster, transceiver, key switch, out of a wrecked 2005 Lincoln LS and replaced those items that are in my 2003 LS with those items from the 2005 LS. would that work?

2003 was a transitional year. It was almost completely 2nd gen, but not 100%, so no promises on that working or not.

I do appreciate the answer. I found a 2003 instrument cluster with a part or engineer number 3W4F-10849-BJ. I had the donor vehicle Vin number and relayed that to the dealership. They said that it will work. Also my understanding that part numbers from 10849-BB to 10849-BJ will work. I would like to know if there is any significance between BB and BJ clusters. If you have any thoughts on that please let me know. I had an instrument cluster that was BB but when marrying the keys it said lost contact or connection with the instrument cluster. Thanks

Thank you so much for the video. It opened my eyes to a whole new rethink of my LS instrument cluster.

I had my 06 cluster replaced by Milstead in Conroe Texas. They went thru two instrument clusters till found a good rebuilt one. Give a call.

Its an old family repair facility. 936-441-3500 Mark ( owner ) John, Amber.
Not cheap but excellent work.

Picking up my LS from dealer today. I'm told that the instrument cluster number I need are as follows.
the part number is 3W4Z-10849-BA, The engineering number is 3W4F-10849-BB. The parts guy there seems very knowledgeable and told to find the part number that will solve my problem. Also does anyone know which one of the two boards in the cluster contain the PATS info on it. Thanks

It took 3 different instrument clusters before one was found to work. The dealer did not solve the issue. It took Forescan and some time before I had one work. If I had to do over I would not take to dealer. Forescan did the trick and a lot of reasearch into the instrument cluster replacement making sure it was stricktly from a 2003 LS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back