Paint Inside Vinyl?

free139stylz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey I was looking at this guys car it looked just like he got a custom fiberglass dash and inside panels were all panted just like his car.... He said all they did was sand down the vinyl with like 100 grit sand paper then they primed and painted it.... Does anyone know anything about this?

Are you talking about the vinyl on the door panels or the wud inserts? Also, do you have a picture of what it looks like? I'm sure you can paint vinyl but how long will it last under extreme conditions?

yea thats what I wanted to know. Nahh i dont have pics but I might do it to the ls im talking about the whole dash and all the side panels not the wood grain. When I saw it i thought it was all fiberglass but he said he sanded the vinyl down and theres like a hard plastic under that.

in my old mountaineer i used a latex type of paint, it looked tight and if you didnt want it anymore, you could just peel it off!!

So motts you didnt sand it down or anything???Did it look good like the paint on your car?

free139stylz said:
So motts you didnt sand it down or anything???Did it look good like the paint on your car?

Nope no sanding, you can it'll probably look a little better, I had a custom baby blue mountaineer, supercharged, awd had the 5.0 v8 it looked tight, the interior was done with all white lated, the pillars etc... i eventually took it off when i blew the trans and put it up for sale.. :Bang

where can I get that stuff??? Can I do it myself or should I pay someone to do it??? and It didnt ruin the vinyl under the paint?? when you took it off did the vinyl look as good as before>?

Members online

Back