On the new toy?

foxpaws

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, the Blackfire Wet Diamond worked great on the Caddy's Pearl Red Metallic - thanks for the help on that one KK... it looks so deep now - I need to get some new photos.

But, on the new toy - the 911 - it is enamel, no metallic... got any suggestions on that one. I am a little hesitant to put anything other than a carnuba wax on it.

You can use any wax or sealant on single stage apint... they react no differently... the SS paints need a good sealant or wax more than Base Clear paint because SS is way more prone to oxidation...

That being said on plain black it is hard to beat Collinite 845... it is stupid durable, and cheap :)

If using a wax on top, I would use Lusso Oro. Collinite 845 + Lusso Oro is simply amazing.

I also prefer Dodo Juice Supernatural, but the price scares some away.

Brandon, have you used your SN yet? IIRC, you bought a pot of it too.

Well, the Blackfire Wet Diamond worked great on the Caddy's Pearl Red Metallic - thanks for the help on that one KK... it looks so deep now - I need to get some new photos.

But, on the new toy - the 911 - it is enamel, no metallic... got any suggestions on that one. I am a little hesitant to put anything other than a carnuba wax on it.

Glad to hear the Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger worked so well on the caddy. I would definitely try that out on the 911 as well. Do at least one section and see if you like the results. I'm confident you will and you'll do the whole car like that. If interested you can also layer a carnauba wax on top of it or even just by itself. For the lowest costs yet still excellent results try the Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax or Poorboy's World Natty's Red Paste Wax. Another great option is the Chemical Guys 50/50 Limited Series Concourse Paste Wax, Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Paste Wax or the Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax. All three cost a bit more but the results are simply outstanding. If you have any questions please let me know. As always we offer 10% off with the coupon code 10offLC.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone - I'll look for that Collinite although if the Blackfire wax is as good as the Wet Diamond stuff, it probably is worth the money. At least it is a small car ;)

So, thanks for all the help -

I found an old box of Turtle Wax Black Box in the car care cupboard - so I thought - heck - why not, it was free at some show I went to.

It isn't bad - this isn't my show car... although it feels like it needs another layer - so I am going to go with the Collinite 845 to finish it...

Harder is better ;)

p_wax_hood.jpg

p_wax_hoodclose.jpg

p_wax_back.jpg

p_wax_backclose.jpg

Members online

Back