Olds Aurora Electrical Question

The Rev

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've posted on a few Oldsmobile forums but none have the same kind of following LvC has. I got rid of the Mark VIII after the 80 miles a day to work I was putting on her became too much, and got a '99 Aurora. I really enjoy the car, aside from 2 stupid things I'm hoping someone can help me with...

...I can't open the windows, this started earlier in the summer during 90+ degree days, I could get the windows down and up no problem until the car warmed up. I figured it was heat related, checked the circuit breaker (this car uses an ATM footprint circuit breaker for the windows) and bought a few more, nothing. What I've noticed is that the circuit breaker gets very very hot to the touch, and there is a clicking sound in the breaker, I assume this is the "auto reset" feature. I unplugged the breaker really quickly so as not to cause damage.

Today I got the drivers window down 3 inches, then it wouldn't go back up. I'll try again in a few hours to give everything a chance to cool down, but this kills me. When I had the problem earlier in the summer, lets assume the window is down, and I can't get it to go up again. I would go out a few hours later, it'd move up 3 inches, then stop, I'd wait a few more hours, it'd go up a few more, until I could finally get it to go up all the way.

Any ideas?

Second problem...

My remote start/keyless entry, aftermarket randomly stopped working. The battery on my remote is fine. I have to manually reach over and lock all 3 (tell you why 3 in a second) doors because if I use the power lock button it arms the factory alarm, something I can't disable, not sure how to.

Third...

My girlfriend tried opening the door as I was unlocking it with the remote (when it worked) and I can't get the door to open now, either inside or outside, and this had happened a few times before but I had been able to use the key and lock and finally get it to work. Should I just take the door panel off and see what's going on inside?

I know its not a LvC question, but I know I can get a response here, those Oldsmobile forums suck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back