Ok...Almost died today...need someone with good knowledge here...Brakes Locked Up

nofinga911

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so I was racing a 300c Hemi with my aviator...i let off the gas at about 90 so start slowing down and my brakes locked up and my engine kept reving while i was trying to push the brakes...thinking a water bottle or something might have rolled under my brakes i kicked under it like twice really hard and then kept trying to brake...finally i was able to brake....but when i stopped there was no bottle or anything there...its like my brakes locked and my car was not slowing down at all....what happend??? i almost killed my self...a few more seconds and i would have been flying through red lights and traffic at 90mph!!

3 steps.
1st. Take your car to a mechanic.
2nd. Don't street race.
3rd. Realize this has nothing to do with Mark VIII high performance.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

rmac694203 said:
3 steps.
1st. Take your car to a mechanic.
2nd. Don't street race.
3rd. Realize this has nothing to do with Mark VIII high performance.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

haha... couldnt have said it any better, number 3 anyways:p

nofinga911 said:
Ok so I was racing a 300c Hemi with my aviator...i let off the gas at about 90 so start slowing down and my brakes locked up and my engine kept reving while i was trying to push the brakes...thinking a water bottle or something might have rolled under my brakes i kicked under it like twice really hard and then kept trying to brake...finally i was able to brake....but when i stopped there was no bottle or anything there...its like my brakes locked and my car was not slowing down at all....what happend??? i almost killed my self...a few more seconds and i would have been flying through red lights and traffic at 90mph!!

Question of the year.

If your BRAKES locked up then how couldnt you stop?

My guess is your throttle got stuck, not your brakes.

Gas = GO
Brakes = STOP

Wow, what a scary experience, Lesson learned?@?@?

Get it to a shop that can look at the computer to see if there is anything in the log to indicate an issue. Possibly with the All wheel drive . I saw on a blog somewhere there was an issue with the "Roll Stability Control " to the optional Advance Trac stability system during sudden maneuvers on 2004+ Aviators- check with your dealer if you don't know if you have this system or not and to diagnose. Hope this helps.

1st Problem Racing A Fast Car With A Suv?? The Car Might Not Be Your Biggest Problem, See Psychologist Soon. Second Street Racing That Fast, I Can See Off The Line To 50-70 And Brain Kicking In After G Lock And Letting Off Gas.

Racing A Hemmi With An Suv, Kinda Like The Moron Who Brought The Knife To A Gun Fight.

Stay Smart = Stay Safe !!!

Uhm one of the first things they teach you in driver's ed is if the throttle sticks then you TURN OFF THE CAR. Just don't turn the key all the way to lock otherwise you won't be able to turn.

Members online

No members online now.
Back