Oil sensor leaking!

surfaaron

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
The oil sensor on my 87 mark is leaking. The owner before me replaced it because of this and it seemed to stop for a while but it is back. Any one have any good ideas. It does not leak a ton but I would like it to not leak at at all.

Well, the obvious solution would be to replace it. Perhaps the previous owner purchased a faulty unit. However, assuming that it has not been long since the replacement, you may be concerned with what could be causing this. Are there any other oil leaks on the car? It may be that excessive pressure is occuring in the system and that the oil sensor is taking the abuse. If the PCV valve and screen have not recently been replaced, I would certainly take care of that. The PCV screen is notorious for clogging and causing oil leaks. Even if it is not the culprit, it is wise to replace the parts anyway before they do cause problems. I would remove the screen and leave it out. Or it is possible that the previous owner did not install the sensor properly, and that is the only problem. Just remember that parts do go bad over time. Good luck!

Which is leaking? The one in the block, near the oil filter, or the sensor in the oil pan for the "check oil" light? Either way, replace it. They're cheap and easy enough to do.

NYC LSC said:
Which is leaking? The one in the block, near the oil filter, or the sensor in the oil pan for the "check oil" light? Either way, replace it. They're cheap and easy enough to do.

The one on the pan is leaking. I am just going to replace it. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back