ohh no!!... another newbie....

Santo

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this... I'm a Cpl of Marines who just got back from Iraq... I've got a 93 Mark 8 that I can't wait to start working on... I know i overpaid for the car considering the condition that it was in, but needed the car before I got deployed... I've got a camera and will update everyone here on the progress...

Welcome back, marine! Hope all your work on the car goes well.

Thank you all... I've worked in a custom bodyshop for about a third of my life... so hope I can be of help...

Welcom Home... We're greatful for your service... THANK YOU!

:W
TO
:V​

I've actually got a body/paint question for you... I had a fender job done and the body shop that did it didn't have many layers of paper on the hood when they sprayed the car... The finish on the hood feels rough... I guess its from the wet paint that was absorbed through the paper...
Can that be buffed out? Or do I need the hood resprayed???
Actually could use a re-spray, if so how much should that run me??

it might be one of two things... either somehow overspray got to the hood... or the paper that they used wasn't the kind of paper that is supposed to be used in a spraybooth... if it is overspray then it can be buffed out... however if they didn't use that paper then the chemicals in the paint mixture soaked through the paper to the paint... you might get away with buffing it out but that would depend on how deep the chemicals went...

Santo said:
it might be one of two things... either somehow overspray got to the hood... or the paper that they used wasn't the kind of paper that is supposed to be used in a spraybooth... if it is overspray then it can be buffed out... however if they didn't use that paper then the chemicals in the paint mixture soaked through the paper to the paint... you might get away with buffing it out but that would depend on how deep the chemicals went...

THANKS MAN... We'll try the buffout with the spring wax application!!!
If that don't work... I'll find a body shop and have it sprayed...

:Beer

JC

Welcome back, I am glad you are home safely. Your service is greatly appreciated by me and every patriotic American.

Welcome home. I was just thinking of posting a thread to see if I had any brothers in arms on our forum. I'm a LCDR, US Navy Reserves, with Fleet Hospital Great Lakes and I've got order to report in two months to the 1st Med battalion, 1st FSSG, Iraq. One year orders. My job; taking care of you jar heads. God bless ya'

Thank you for bravery and service, we all thank you.Your newborn will thank you in the years to come.

I'm heading over to Iraq later this summer. Welcome back Marine!

Sgt Halpain

Glad to be home... take care and God bless all of you here at home and all of you going into harms way...

:W to the LvC & Welcome home.......glad to see another brave soldier make it home....Oh, and congrats too on fatherhood! :Beer

My best friend is a Marine, he was in Iraq over the summer. Right now he's going into embassy duty - just took him to Quantico last weekend for training! When he transfered to Quantico I had to sell his '01 Mercury Grand Marquis for him - I was sad, nice car - I would have bought it in a second if I had the money!

Members online

No members online now.
Back