Oh Boy!!!!!

Motts

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well not to do with the ls, but the ladys mazda 6.. I had her to get an oil change today cause i havent had time to do it lately. She has 40k on her car.... exactly They connd' her into
Oil Change 29.95
Fuel Filter 39.99
Fuel injection 59.99
Trans service 79.99
and pcv valve or somethign, I havent seen the paper work yet..

Should this all of been done at 40k mile, sounds like they overchaged on the fuel filter... :Bang :Bang

ehhhh..........from what i have seen stealerships "prey" on women pretty bad. Men too if they can but esp. women. Everytime i'm waiting at a stealership for something i hear the service guys explaining things to women and im like, "uh....no its not" in my head.

CobraConti said:
ehhhh..........from what i have seen stealerships "prey" on women pretty bad. Men too if they can but esp. women. Everytime i'm waiting at a stealership for something i hear the service guys explaining things to women and im like, "uh....no its not" in my head.

should all of this have been done? and at that price? :slam

Should it have been done? It's probably recommended by Mazda, but that doesn't mean it has to be replaced. I only replace parts as they fail.. And if there is an aftermarket part for it, I usually opt for that. Get what you pay for IMO

Those prices seem reasonable

..and I don't mean I replace normal maintencance parts when they fail such as tires, oil/filter, etc.. LOL

Motts said:
Well not to do with the ls, but the ladys mazda 6.. I had her to get an oil change today cause i havent had time to do it lately. She has 40k on her car.... exactly They connd' her into
Oil Change 29.95
Fuel Filter 39.99
Fuel injection 59.99
Trans service 79.99

Should this all of been done at 40k mile, sounds like they overchaged on the fuel filter... :Bang :Bang

The way those oil change places work is that they recommend things by mileage. Pretty much all of those things are recommended to be changed at 30k. I bet if she got all that stuff done today and went to a different oil change place the next day they would recommend the same things to her(not knowing any better).

Those prices are pretty typical, and the oil change guys are supposed to recommend all of the services applicable at a given mileage to everyone, but it does seem like they prey on women and younger people a lot.

they were all a 30k maintenance item, if it wasnt done. then yea it was due.

they wouldnt prey on woman or younger kids.. that doesnt make sense.. woman more then likely wont make a decision without the husband. and most younger people dont have money to spend on a car, they try to get it from mommy and daddy.

most of them time the technician is recommending the services, not knowing who owns the car. more then likely it needs it.

and them prices are pretty cheap. she got a good deal.

If they did not contact you before doing all those changes and if you did not approve them, you are not legally forced to pay.

CobraConti said:
Yeah thats so true my mom drive a 2003 corvette and she went to the dealersip to get the window fixed (would roll up or down) and the guy tried to talk her into getting the wheels rotated for 79.99 she told them yeah right because you cant do it the front are 17 and the rear are 18's and they are directional and the guy was like :eek2: sorry about that i didnt relize you had a vette she said nevermind have a nice day and left DUMBASS

joedirt said:
they were all a 30k maintenance item, if it wasnt done. then yea it was due.

they wouldnt prey on woman or younger kids.. that doesnt make sense.. woman more then likely wont make a decision without the husband. and most younger people dont have money to spend on a car, they try to get it from mommy and daddy.

most of them time the technician is recommending the services, not knowing who owns the car. more then likely it needs it.

and them prices are pretty cheap. she got a good deal.

Sorry man, your logic doesnt apply to the real world. I see plenty of women that make decisions like this and get charged out the azz because the way the mechanic or shop worded it. I once took my buddies truck in to get the oil changed for him because I didnt feel like doing it. While there the guy happened to tell me that the serp belt was getting pretty cracked and needed to be replaced. I figured heck why not do my buddy a favor and have it replaced too as long as it is a good price. Those guys told me it was going to be $75.00! I was like, "Your kidding me right?". I then proceeded to tell them i could walk 200' down the road to Napa and buy the right belt for $18.00 and install it myself in about 45 seconds with simple hand tools. They shut up and let me go. I replaced the belt myself later on. Some mechanics are plain retarded. Like what was stated before, they prey on women and younger kids because they dont know any better. If a mechanic tells the lady or the kid that they need this or that item replaced or their car will otherwise crap the bed, then as long as it is not a big ticket item like replacing pistons or something crazy, they usually will pay up for fear of the car getting more messed up.

Motts said:
Oil Change 29.95
Fuel Filter 39.99
Fuel injection 59.99
Trans service 79.99

Well the oil change is a bit expensive, but of course required.

The fuel filter probably should be changed every 30K and no more than 50K in my opinion. Parts cost is around $15-$20 so they probably stuck her with book rate on the install.

Fuel Injection service is a dealer favorite. They hook up a system that pumps injector cleaner thru the injectors for a few minutes and get $60, some just dump some cleaner in the tank and call it good. Probably worth doing once in awhile but the dealers really love to push this one, easy money. From my experience using good gas with high detergents and an occasional can of Techron will probably do it until maybe around 100K when you probably should have the throttle body cleaned and the injectors checked. Some injectors are probably getting weak around 100K and not because of lack of this service.

Trans service, I assume means drop the pan change filter and change fluid. This should be done at least every 30K to 50K at worst. A tranny shop I like recommends 12K so that you can inspect the contents of the pan frequently and catch problems early. The price is about par. I do this job myself at 30K intervals.

If they are doing one of those machine flushes, I am not so sure since you don't get to inspect the pan and change the filter. This is the lazy shops way of making some money I think. I have never had this done so can only base my opinion on comments from other websites and my thinking on the need for pan inspection and filter changes. It is good to change all the fluid, but you can do that when you drop the pan by draining the converter, coolers and lines.

Just my opinion,

Jim Henderson

Like was mentioned above I do question the tranny service and fuel injector service. Just use good gas like Chevron or equivilent. Fuel filter in my opinion should be done every year at least, but that's just my opinion. BTW the price for the filter change is inline and although the oil change may be slightly high, it's not to far out.

You were treated very fairly...except for one...the fuel injection. When we had the old style pintle injectors, servicing was important. On these, it just won't do much. But it won't hurt either and many of the solvents they use will clean up the back side of the valves too...so it's not that bad a thing to do. But the rest are services that need to be done and the prices look VERY fair to me...a lot cheaper than my area.

Members online

Back