Odd Noises Under Braking

Fastbird

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Only after the car has been driven a while, under light to moderate braking I'm getting a popping sound coming from the front of the car (sounds like the front right corner). It's faint, and doesn't seem to transmit any vibration through the brake pedal although sometimes I DO feel it in the steering wheel. ONLY under braking though.

Any ideas?

Fastbird said:
Only after the car has been driven a while, under light to moderate braking I'm getting a popping sound coming from the front of the car (sounds like the front right corner). It's faint, and doesn't seem to transmit any vibration through the brake pedal although sometimes I DO feel it in the steering wheel. ONLY under braking though.

Any ideas?
There is a TSB covering this issue........its nothing to be concerned about as far as I can tell. The only solution is to replace your ECM (electronic control brake module). My car does the same thing. Also, if you open your hood, you can see your ECM in the front right corner. Here is the TSB: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=7612&highlight=brake+popping

Have u jacked up the car and feel around? A slightly worn sway bar bushing or link or do that

Members online

No members online now.
Back