Obama calls riot police to get rid of geriatric Tea Party hordes

What a very precise answer.
Very specific, but not very complete.
You don't work for a political party.
She has admitted working for both Obama's and Hillary's campaigns in the recent past.

She's clever, but has no wisdom or integrity.

Prove it... I easily disproved your little supposition in the headline of this thread... now prove this one...

And, if you don't realize how you are being led around like a neutered bull with a ring in his nose, I feel sorry for you Foss.
Okay. So if I produce evidence that demonstrates that this order came from the Secret Service, you'll admit you were wrong and leave the thread?

No, it's the picture that the Wiki Columbia website has of Obama in 1981. The guy isn't arab either, he's a Pakistani, Sohale Siddiqi.

I'm not sure what "guilt" that would associate.
Are you projecting your motivations on me again?

So why post the photo if not to misdirect...
What a very precise answer.
Very specific, but not very complete.
You don't work for a political party.

But that doesn't mean you aren't working for, or with, and organized political organization. You certainly aren't obliged to answer this, but you have stated before that you're on the boards of several "charities," I wonder which ones they are and who they are aligned with.

I have worked for many national campaigns - most recently for Hillary.

I volunteered on the phone banks and to hit the streets on Obama's campaign (only after the Republican VP candidate was named - I was not planning on volunteering for the Obama campaign until that point), I was not on the payroll, as I was on past presidential campaigns.

Charities I am on the board of are charities that deal with women and children in need. They are not politically based at all. The board members are from both parties, and from many walks of life. The one I am most involved in has Bill Owens (a very conservative ex-governor of Colorado) on the board, as one example of how bipartisan it is.

Is it really difficult to think that you might "enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action?"

One this size - yes... If I were out on some big time right wing blog arguing my point - perhaps... but here, on LvC - no way.

Again- you equated Big Time with the disruptive, often violent, protests that are associated with the left.

Perhaps it's a little unsettling for a group of well behaved, normal people who aren't accustomed to political dissent or agitating, to see such a strong presence activated, seemingly in response to them.

Just call them naive.

If you are going to protest a presidential motorcade - it is big time. The Tea Party protesters will eventually learn that having the riot police at 'standby' is standard operating procedure when the president is nearby.

The riot police was activated in response to 'them'. If the Tea Party members had obeyed the police, gotten on the sidewalk (which is always what the police make sure of - they want you out of the street at all times), there wouldn't have been any confrontation with the riot police.

So you're calling them "fringe' and "liars" so that other people won't call them "fringe and liars." You must be calling them these names and maligning them out of the goodness of your own heart.

No - I am calling it as I see it Cal - they will be labeled those things if they aren't careful. You want my 'professional' opinion, the Tea Party members need to walk a very fine line. If they want to be representational of 'good ol' American values' then they have to walk the walk. Don't disobey the police, don't carry signs that marginalize your effort, be courteous. Appearances mean a whole lot, and if the Tea Party gives the left any morsel of wrongdoing, the left will blow it up... create a huge scandal. The left is waiting to pounce. I will willing give this up - don't give the left anything. The left is better 'connected', they are better organized, and they have a whole lot of media on their side.
Yeah, because you're an authoritarian statist, why would you want to associate with an organization that is going to have Andrew Breitbart speaking at their next event.
No - I was asked because I am pretty good at what I do. I have worked for Republicans in the past as well... You are selling a product Cal. It is the way of American politics.

But with all of this said, I do agree with the truth of your comment.
The little riot team that walked down the street wasn't deployed directly by Obama or anyone in his organization.
However, that IS a stronger response than I have seen at political events or around protests in the recent past.
What do I attribute that to?

Thank you Cal. It is a strong response however, especially for the size and make up of the crowd. I actually attribute it to a small town police force, and a group that seemed to not really understand the ramifications of what they were doing when the president was present. They probably hadn't protested a presidential motorcade before. It really does change the atmosphere of the security in place. Police get nervous, little things set them off. Yelling in their face isn't a great idea if you don't want to have the riot police called in.

That is the President of the United States they are protecting. Whether they agree with him or not, they will protect him to the best of their abilities. I would imagine that perhaps none of them had protected a president in the past...

I do attribute that to the administration because they have labeled the "Tea Party" groups as radical and potential terrorists, and as such, the local and feds cops are ordered to respond with the appropriate display of force and readiness.

It could be - but, I would imagine that 'readiness' is always present when any group has made it known that they will be protesting the motorcade. I have certainly seen it from both the protesting side and also being in a presidential motorcade. It is more a reflection of our violent past than a reflection of a particular group.

No - I am calling it as I see it Cal - they will be labeled those things if they aren't careful. You want my 'professional' opinion, the Tea Party members need to walk a very fine line. If they want to be representational of 'good ol' American values' then they have to walk the walk. Don't disobey the police, don't carry signs that marginalize your effort, be courteous. Appearances mean a whole lot, and if the Tea Party gives the left any morsel of wrongdoing, the left will blow it up... create a huge scandal. The left is waiting to pounce. I will willing give this up - don't give the left anything. The left is better 'connected', they are better organized, and they have a whole lot of media on their side.
How "nice" of you to offer your 'advice' to the Tea Parties. As though it's sincere. :rolleyes: At least you had the intellectual honesty to put quotations around the word 'professional.' Sort of like your tax 'advice' that I didn't need - you just love being condescending, don't you, Vejur?

Funny how you believe the Tea Party NEEDS this advice. Care to produce some evidence that suggests that the Tea Parties have EVER been anything but generally peaceful and law abiding? I can outproduce you with evidence that your bunch of lefties have assaulted the Tea Partiers at their own rallies.

I don't even have to do a search - I know you've NEVER posted in this forum warning your lefty fellow travelers like Code Pink and other wacko groups to 'walk a fine line.'

You just can't help yourself, can you?

How "nice" of you to offer your 'advice' to the Tea Parties. As though it's sincere. :rolleyes: At least you had the intellectual honesty to put quotations around the word 'professional.' Sort of like your tax 'advice' that I didn't need - you just love being condescending, don't you?

Funny how you believe the Tea Party NEEDS this advice. Care to produce some evidence that suggests that the Tea Parties have EVER been anything but generally peaceful and law abiding? I can outproduce you with evidence that your bunch of lefties have assaulted the Tea Partiers at their own rallies.

I don't even have to do a search - I know you've NEVER posted in this forum warning your lefty fellow travelers like Code Pink and other wacko groups to 'walk a fine line.'

You just can't help yourself, can you?

It is sincere - and it is good advice Foss.

I don't have to give the members of Code Pink or other wacko groups advice here, because none of them are present. There are tea party members present, and people who identify positively with them, on this forum.

And I am pretty sure I wouldn't give the Code Pink crazies advice... I don't like them, and I hope they continue to be marginalized.

I do like the Tea Party movement - they seem to be basically good, law abiding people. I like some of the things they stand for. I would rather not see them marginalized or caught up in a moment and make bad decisions. Yelling in a cops face is a bad decision for a tea party member. Getting caught up in a moment, and doing something that is viewed as against your basic creed, is a bad move. Standing in the street and not moving when the police ask you to move is a bad decision for the tea party. Once again - they bank on being law abiding, good citizens, don't give the left fodder by not doing what you say you represent.

And if they could get other types of Americans involved it would be so much better -

So why post the photo if not to misdirect...
I didn't misdirect anything. I posted the picture of Obama living in NY in 1981 from the Wiki Columbia University webpage. That was him in his apartment with his roommate.

That's not misdirection, it's confirmation.

If you are going to protest a presidential motorcade - it is big time.
No it's not.
I live in Sarasota. The President was here on 9/11.
Many of them, like Bush and Gore, both come here before debates to rehearse. I also have a considerable amount of knowledge about the secret service.

All motorcades are not met with riot control.
Especially when the "mob" is the folding chair variety.

Local law enforcement responds to the threat assessment and instructions from Homeland Security. And THIS Homeland Security administration has issued repeated alerts indicating that they are more concerned about people who support constitutional limited government than they are with other threats.

You keep mentioning the political activism as a product.
And that is true. ASSUMING we have a free and fair media.

Again, compare the tone of the reporting associated with 'tea party' events with what took place during the 8 years of Bush, or even the Mexican protesters this week or wait until after May Day.

What's the matter, - don't want to take my challenge?

Does this mean you're recanting your accusation that I lied?

Did some checking and found out the truth, eh?

By the way, they DID move when they were asked. They have video to prove it if necessary, but an eyewitness is disputing the FALSE newspaper account of the event which claims that they refused to move.

So you're wrong again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the first piece of evidence that foxpaws is wrong - and uh oh - it looks like her favorite astroturfers were there too!

Who's got egg on her face now?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're so easy, Victim. You tried to discredit me and it blew up in your face. Now you're running, as predicted.

It's hard for the left to stand up to facts. Their assertions fade like the wind.

What's the matter, - don't want to take my challenge?

Does this mean you're recanting your accusation that I lied?

Did some checking and found out the truth, eh?

By the way, they DID move when they were asked. They have video to prove it if necessary, but an eyewitness is disputing the FALSE newspaper account of the event which claims that they refused to move.

So you're wrong again.

So foss - watch this video - at 1:07 the local police have asked the people to move back onto the sidewalk - obviously they don't, and they start singing. So then the riot police are called in. At about 1:30 the Secret Service asks what appears to be a gentlemen in charge of the protesters (or at least someone with a bull horn) to get the protesters to move back - even as late as 2:09 there are people still on the street.

The Secret Service guy doesn't even talk to the local police - the local police are in charge of their guys - it is the whole federal vs state vs local thing. There is no way the feds, and especially Obama himself called in the local riot squad.

YouTube- • Crash Politics • Obama Intimidates Tea Party with Riot Police in Quincy IL

Here's the first piece of evidence that foxpaws is wrong - and uh oh - it looks like her favorite astroturfers were there too!

Who's got egg on her face now?

So what is in that piece of evidence Foss? Pull the quote that supports your headline that Obama called in the riot police or that there were hordes of geriatrics...

Pull the quote Foss - show me the money...

You're so easy, Victim. You tried to discredit me and it blew up in your face. Now you're running, as predicted.

It's hard for the left to stand up to facts. Their assertions fade like the wind.

Running? Because I didn't instantly answer you Foss - I happened to be invited to an American Recovery and Reinvestment Act event near where I work. VP Biden spoke along with a lot of local pols... A real success story for a local electric engine and drive train manufacturer.

So, show me where Obama ordered the riot police and show me where there are hordes of old people... you can't, you are continuing to spread lies and fear mongering.

I didn't misdirect anything. I posted the picture of Obama living in NY in 1981 from the Wiki Columbia University webpage. That was him in his apartment with his roommate.

That's not misdirection, it's confirmation.

Confirmation - that could have been in an apartment anywhere... I don't see the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building outside the window... It could have been in Denver, Chicago, Miami... as far as time frame - well, he looks young... time and date stamping however... nonexistent in 1981.

You know it isn't a confirmation of anything, Cal.

No it's not.
I live in Sarasota. The President was here on 9/11.
Many of them, like Bush and Gore, both come here before debates to rehearse. I also have a considerable amount of knowledge about the secret service.

All motorcades are not met with riot control.
Especially when the "mob" is the folding chair variety.

Yes they are, if they know there is going to be an organized protest of any sort. This protest was well known before the event - and believe me, the local police aren't going to let anything happen on their watch.

Local law enforcement responds to the threat assessment and instructions from Homeland Security. And THIS Homeland Security administration has issued repeated alerts indicating that they are more concerned about people who support constitutional limited government than they are with other threats.

And maybe they know something we don't. Don't you realize that many people see the Tea Party people as extremists? Right or wrong, that is how they are viewed. So, the government will reflect that concern, especially local governments. And the tea party itself didn't seem to be really worried about contradicting that until recently.

You keep mentioning the political activism as a product.
And that is true. ASSUMING we have a free and fair media.

Again, compare the tone of the reporting associated with 'tea party' events with what took place during the 8 years of Bush, or even the Mexican protesters this week or wait until after May Day.

So I should be upset that they can't sell their product? That isn't my fault, that isn't the media's fault. They became the darlings of Fox for a short time, but even Fox is distancing themselves at this point. Fox might get back on board as the elections draw near, depending on the type of pull the Tea Party has, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Good job movin all around the questions I had Fox. I asked Why we need Riot police for a peaceful protest. Not How many untruthful, taxpayers money suckin campaigns you have been part of. This is where you won't win me over. And NO I don't WANT to believe fosten. If you check up I have argued with him on a couple of ocassions. I have never been part of a protest. Hell I can't even vote due to this countries laws. I AM A FELON. If he is truly a man of the people elected by the people then why is he so damn afraid of the people? And why does my money have to pay for his protection? The government is payed for by the little man [ME]. Why doesn't my thought count then. Oh and I probably can't even think about attending these protests because I have a family to support and my boss would fire me if I tried to take off work at a whim. Oh yeah and don't forget that I have a family that needs to eat. This country is going to hell in a handbasket, and you're defending the basket.

So foss - watch this video - at 1:07 the local police have asked the people to move back onto the sidewalk - obviously they don't, and they start singing. So then the riot police are called in. At about 1:30 the Secret Service asks what appears to be a gentlemen in charge of the protesters (or at least someone with a bull horn) to get the protesters to move back - even as late as 2:09 there are people still on the street.

The Secret Service guy doesn't even talk to the local police - the local police are in charge of their guys - it is the whole federal vs state vs local thing. There is no way the feds, and especially Obama himself called in the local riot squad.
Gee, Vejur, that video looks edited to me. :rolleyes: Guess we can't trust it, can we? Per your logic.

Good job movin all around the questions I had Fox. I asked Why we need Riot police for a peaceful protest. Not How many untruthful, taxpayers money suckin campaigns you have been part of. This is where you won't win me over. And NO I don't WANT to believe fosten. If you check up I have argued with him on a couple of ocassions. I have never been part of a protest. Hell I can't even vote due to this countries laws. I AM A FELON. If he is truly a man of the people elected by the people then why is he so damn afraid of the people? And why does my money have to pay for his protection? The government is payed for by the little man [ME]. Why doesn't my thought count then. Oh and I probably can't even think about attending these protests because I have a family to support and my boss would fire me if I tried to take off work at a whim. Oh yeah and don't forget that I have a family that needs to eat. This country is going to hell in a handbasket, and you're defending the basket.
Specifically in this case - because the Tea Party groups are the same groups that held up signs with Obama as the Fuhrer, with swastikas...

hitler-obama-tea-party-2-in-1.jpg

That is why.

The police see that as behavior that needs monitoring - anytime you get swastikas, Hitler, et al, involved, believe it or not the red flags go up.

It doesn't have to be this group - it has to be any tea party group - they all get lumped in together.

Your money pays for his protection because he is the president. He has death threats against him all the time. He may be of the people - but, do you really think it is in the best interests of the United States to have the 'people' kill him?

The 'people' almost killed Reagan - and he was on the right. It doesn't make any difference who the president is or on what side he is, they all get threats, and we pay the price in increased security. Since Reagan they ratcheted up the security, since Kennedy they ratcheted up the security - it is a cause and affect problem.

I don't know about your personal situation, and not being allowed to vote no doubt is quite difficult.

I am defending our political system - yes. It is the best one on earth. Does it have problems, of course, but in spite of that, I wouldn't want to live any where else.

I am sorry you can't take part in the political process directly, and as far as indirectly, I really wouldn't know of the steps you might be interested in taking.

No you weren't, you were whining to the mods.

So, will you leave the thread if I furnish evidence? Yes or no?

So So far your evidence has been lacking in reality Foss...

And, yes I was at the Biden event - our governor slipped and called him 'president' as an interesting aside - then Biden made a joke about well Obiden, Obama, I can see how you might be confused...

We make parts for these new electric vehicles - our machine shop is bidding on parts for the company that makes the electric motors that got the big stimulus check. We were invited.

Once again - jealous?

And sorry - I didn't keep you up to date with my every move foss...

I don't see any guns or threats in either of those pics. Merely what those people fear this is coming to.

I don't see any guns or threats in either of those pics. Merely what those people fear this is coming to.

It is the swastikas - it is the red flag - maybe you just don't realize how hateful, and scary those things are, but the police do.

It isn't like saying defeat Obama - or down with tyranny - it is on a whole different level.

So, since you won't answer my challenge, I must assume you know I can furnish the proof. Either that or you're a coward.

You stand corrected.

So, show me the phone call where Obama told the Quincy police to march the riot squad.

I understand the fear my grandfather was at Omaha beach. And to this day feels this country is not the one he voted for.

I understand the fear my grandfather was at Omaha beach. And to this day feels this country is not the one he voted for.

And then you should know the fear that swastikas really represent, or ask your grandfather. It is a hideous symbol. In fact so hideous that much of the rest of the world doesn't allow it... We have pretty great freedom of speech protection - so we won't arrest the person who displays it, or uses it, but that doesn't mean you won't be watched. You can state all sorts of hateful things - but often it makes you a 'person of interest' when it comes to police action. Swastikas have that sort of bad rap... and it won't be improving any time soon.

As far as your grandfather voting - he can vote Obama out, or try, in 2-1/2 years. It is what is great about this country. He can help change what he doesn't like.

We have pretty great freedom of speech protection - so we won't arrest the person who displays it, or uses it, but that doesn't mean you won't be watched.
Excellent. Keep posting, Vickturd, everybody's getting the picture about you now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back