Nothing to do with LS's but need opinion

itsnotmydaddys

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I know this off the topic alot but u trust everyones opinions on LVC.
Heres the deal, my mom currently owns a 02 ford sport trac and is GIVING it to my twin (BS, but im not gonna get into that) for a "family" company vehicle. So now shes gonna need a car.
SHE WANTS:
4 door car
good gas mileage
seat 3 men over 6'4
"low" mileage
something good for a car seat (nephew)
nice, solid car
Price:
shes trading my brothers 97 ford probe with 60000 miles on it, in fair condition, some bpdy work (bro. bad driver). shes hoping to get around 3k for it, and is looking to spend aound 6k out of pocket. so roughly around 7k-10k

im trying to think of something nice that she can get, i dont want my mom to be riding around in a bucket u know. she deserves something nice.

please give some ideas.

Just throwing it out there maybe a Ford Escape?

Or hell 97 Continental my mom is 52 and she loved my continental. only around 8,000

gas mileage on an ls is too low, shes looking for like an accord 4 banger :(, trust me ive tried to have her get an ls.

itsnotmydaddys said:
gas mileage on an ls is too low, shes looking for like an accord 4 banger :(, trust me ive tried to have her get an ls.
Well, there you have it. A Honda Accord it is!

has anyone had an olds intrigue. i was thinking about one of em. i found one for 8500 with 66000 on it.

you could get a 2003 or 04 impalla from a rental car company with like 20,000 or 30,000 miles on it for 10,000 dollars and that get like 30 miles to the gallon on the highway i think

All this makes me ill....

I would truly ask her if a couple of miles per gallon is really worth not having something as nice as an LS or equivilant.

2001LS8Sport said:
All this makes me ill....

I would truly ask her if a couple of miles per gallon is really worth not having something as nice as an LS or equivilant.

:I :Bang

How about:

Mazda 6i

Ford Fungus (focus)
Ford Taurus

Cadillac catera

Pontiac Grand AM or Grand Prix

Most of the cars mentioned will NOT fit 3 6'4 guys. That's a short list:

Crown Vic
Grandma Marquis
Town Car
Taurus
Sable
Continental

Intrepid
300M
Concorde
LHS

Impala
Park Avenue
Le Sabre

You should be able to find any one of those used and in the budget. No Jap car will fit 3 big guys comfortably.

umm sorry to say guys, i came home today and there was moms new car. what was u may be wondering. hmm... an ls, an olds.... wrong its a DAMN for taurus stationwagon. yep thats right she went out by herself and got a stationwagon. but shes really happy so i guess thats all taht matters

Members online

Back