Noob!

DysfunktinaL

LVC Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's me. Had to part with my Scion xB a few months back, payments were too high after I got my hours cut. My dad helped me locate a new ride, and checked out about 20 cars. Gave me the stack of cars he printed up from craigslist, I spotted the Mark VIII, and said THAT ONE!

Had it for a little over 2 months now, and I am loving it. Only trouble I've had so far is the AC pully froze on me, but I got that replaced with an AC Eliminator kit. Dropped 30 pounds from my front end and gained a couple horsepower. I took it sideways into a curb the first month I had it, so I am still recovering from that right now. Waiting till next payday to replace my left rear knuckle and I'll be roadworthy again!

List of things to do:

Get my driverside door dent removed
Replace the head unit (won't play tapes well, and won't register the CD mag)
Replace the exhaust tips
TINT TINT TINT
Touch up the paint, or possibly get it re-painted (Know any good paint shops in OC?)
Then start having fun under the hood.

Has anyone ever done a manual transmission conversion on a Mark VIII before? I think that would be pretty bad ass. It's got the same motor as a 96 Cobra, so the Cobra tranny and gearbox should be a good match I'd assume (as long as there was room under the car for them), and it wouldn't be that hard to put a manual shifter in place of the automatic I don't think.

Anyways, hope to see you all around soon. I should be road worthy again by the 20'th or so.

BTW! If you need any parts, there is a ford only salvage yard near Anaheim, CA. www.all-ford.com Call them up if you need parts, they have had everything I've asked for with -really- good prices ($125 for left rear knuckle, a $800 part from ford, 350-500 online new), and you can always haggle with them below what they say the price is.

-Matt

Members online

Back