No power whatsoever.

N

niko

First off let me start by saying im new here and just got an 86 lincoln mark VII, saw it on craigslist, and traded an ipod for it. Going to fix it up, engine seems good, no problems till this morning. It rained really hard last night here in the bronx, (Note: the driver side window does not roll up, so i put a towel covering the window) I woke up this morning to find NO power whatsoever, I dont know if I shorted out something, with the rain. Usually when i open the door stuff comes on, nothing....not even trunk opening, I jumped it this morning, nothing. I know the normal things to try and I am going to try them tonight, like neg. cable, multimeter testing of battery, and going to check fuses tonight too. I have been reading in a few of the archived posts that my problem seems to be going on quite a bit with these cars. Seems like the same thing. If you know anything to try or know what this is any help would be great. Thanks

niko said:
First off let me start by saying im new here and just got an 86 lincoln mark VII, saw it on craigslist, and traded an ipod for it. Going to fix it up, engine seems good, no problems till this morning. It rained really hard last night here in the bronx, (Note: the driver side window does not roll up, so i put a towel covering the window) I woke up this morning to find NO power whatsoever, I dont know if I shorted out something, with the rain. Usually when i open the door stuff comes on, nothing....not even trunk opening, I jumped it this morning, nothing. I know the normal things to try and I am going to try them tonight, like neg. cable, multimeter testing of battery, and going to check fuses tonight too. I have been reading in a few of the archived posts that my problem seems to be going on quite a bit with these cars. Seems like the same thing. If you know anything to try or know what this is any help would be great. Thanks

I feel your pain. Took my 7 to the car wash and the exact same thing happened. Rolled it into the sun, opened the trunk, doors, and hood and let the sun dry it out a bit. After bout 45 mins, the power came back. Still dont know for sure what got wet. I hand wash it using minimal water to prevent that from happening again. For some reason, despite the heavy rain here in Florida, it hasnt happened again. I probably forced water into an area where it shouldnt have been by using the high pressure wand. Anyway, good luck! Despite it all; :L

Members online

No members online now.
Back