Newbie with no experience Lookin for advice

nabarr

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased my 1997 Cadillac Seville STS. It's in GREAT condition with only 60000 miles, PERFECT leather interior, 12-disk CD changer, etc. I'm lookin for advice on how to care for it to keep it looking great, and also advice on upgrades I could/should make to it. I'm only 20 years old, and its only my second vehicle EVER with my first being a Jeep Grand Cherokee. So I have VERY little experience. Anything you could help me with I would be greatful. I joined this to be able to confer with experts and experienced owners. Thanks!! :)

Nathan :C :feedback

:W to :V I am certain that you will find all the help and advice to keep your Caddy running and looking great.

This forum is full of car Enthusiast and gear head of all levels with great insite and tallent. Post your questions and you will get a responce to meet your needs.

These guys will also help you do much of the work on your own to help save the costly service charge at many car repair shops.

I would suggest joining your local chapter where you may join in local meets where you can hook up with some of this forums experts and get even more hands on help.

I am sure you will like this site come back often and feel welcome to join in any thread. Do not feel intiminated by your lack of skill, these guys have helped me often and I'm as green as they come to working on cars.

:W again and enjoy your STS

Welcome Nate.

As far as the car goes, staying out of the McDonalds drive-thru is a good place to start.
icon10.gif

No really, constant upkeep is much preferred over occasional maintenance. It sounds like the people that had it cared for it, so regular oil changes and wash/waxes sound like the order of the day. The car is pretty sweet as it is so I don't know what the Caddies guys are doing to mod them. What do you have in mind for mods?

I plan on getting some new wheels and tinting the windows. I don't really know what else I could do. Any ideas?? :C

Welcome to the LVC...Looks like you got yourself a real gem there. Just take care of her and I'm sure that the Northstar will take care of you. I've never heard of any major mods to this engine but I'm sure sooner or later one of the Caddy guys will chime in...anyway :W again and enjoy your time here at :V

Members online

Back