Newbie, wanted to say hellow

ballin

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just recently bought an 06 4x4 Ultimate Navigtor. So far I love the ride and interior fit and finish. I've test drove the Escalade before coming to the conclusion of purchasing my Navi. I've owned a 01 Mercedes ML430 (never buy Mercedes SUV or any German SUV again), and IMO they have a very long way to go in the SUV area. I traded it in for Lexus LX470, and was very happy with the trade in. The reliability and looks was there, but lacked power.

Couple days after i bought Navi, I purchase a set of 24" Giavanna Gello with Perellis tires. I love the looks, and hope fully will be posting some pix soon after the Limo tint and Stereo installations.

I've been looking for a bull/push bar for the front bumpers of the 05-06 Navi , but cant find any manufacturers. Also i want to control my Air suspensions for lowered, touring, or 4x4 mode. Does anyone knows of any instruments of control OEM airride?

:W to :V :Beer I am sure someone on here will answer your questions. Just sit tight man. Wish I could help but I don't know much about Navi's.

hello again

It been a little while since I've purchased my Navi, and still loving it. I like how it break necks, and compliments.

Theres a couple of little thing that I dont like about my Navi though( in no perticular order). $65000 SUV, and it needs these. Some of you might think I'm very anal, but to me it helps with everyday driving comforts. Feel free to add or coment in the list. Because I will email or mail Lincoln on these issues below.
1~ The gas lid doesn't have a motorized lock or key locks. I would hate to see some punk put some sugar in the gas tank.
2~ The navigation/DVD doesn't have dual zone control. My duaghter likes to watch DVD. I would always have to listen to the sound tracks of the DVD's instead of having her put on the supplied head phones and I could listen to my favorite radio channels at the same time. Also it needs to have TV tuners available.
3~ No Ipod integtrations, No Sirius/XM Satilite radio controls. Lincoln needs to get with the new generations, and technology.
4~ The 3rd row buttons needs to also be located at the front by the driver.
5~ No wide agle mirrors. If you have an SUV most likely youll be towing something. They need integrate a wide angle mirrors for blind spots.
6~ Retractable side steps. Theres no way of selecting if you want them always in or always out. I personally like mine out to prevent from door dings. You know Walmart customers are brutal on Lux vehicles.
7~ No adjustments setting on the Air suspensions.

There some more things on the list, but forgot. I hope i share the same feelings with others on these issues, and hopefully with some calls they ingegrate them on newer models or even better give us the upgrades for our current as warranty coverages.
I will post PIX soon. Thanks.

Just a thought:

1: Buy your own locking gas cap.

2: I put my own DVD head rest system in, but my kids can listen to a CD in the stock head unit while I listen to FM, so maybe review the owners manual for the proper operation. As for the TV tuners, I don't think so. That would require antennaes that really don't work anyhow.

3: Sirius is a option. You can have it dealer installed or do it yourself. I am glad it's not an factory option, just for the sake that almost all vehicles are dealer ordered and so most people would be paying for something they don't want. Check out Caddys price for XM. BTW for the Lincolns a DVD is installed to remap the touch screen, turning the FM2 button into SAT. Ebay has OEM units for about 250.00

4: Third row buttons up front is not safe. Lincoln used to have them by the rear doors and they deleted them due to safety issues. As for up front why? If you need to put the seats down wouldn't you be by the back door anyhow?

5: Most people don't tow. Buy some mirror extensions from an RV shop which will work better anyhow.

6: The odds of the running boards preventing a door ding is minimal at best. Besides what are you doing in Wal-Mart anyhow? Seriously, park farther out.

7: Yeah I agree on this but you can get an inch lower with adjusting the ride hieght sensors yourself.

Look I am not trying to pick a fight but if you have this many complaints then maybe it's not the vehicle for you. I am not the most pleased due to too many warrenty issues that we have to deal with, but I am happy with the vehicle as a whole. Good luck with yours. :W

Grey Navi said:
Just a thought:

1: Buy your own locking gas cap.

They make locking gas caps for the Navi? $65000 it should come equipped with an automatic locks.

2: I put my own DVD head rest system in, but my kids can listen to a CD in the stock head unit while I listen to FM, so maybe review the owners manual for the proper operation. As for the TV tuners, I don't think so. That would require antennaes that really don't work anyhow.

I've owned aftermarket DVD/TV system in my other rides, but I was hoping they could intergrate them in the next line up of production. I've also reviewed my owners manuals, and also called Fords electronic customer service rep. and they agknowleged that was something that they will look at. OK, TV tuners was probably not a good idea anyways.

3: Sirius is a option. You can have it dealer installed or do it yourself. I am glad it's not an factory option, just for the sake that almost all vehicles are dealer ordered and so most people would be paying for something they don't want. Check out Caddys price for XM. BTW for the Lincolns a DVD is installed to remap the touch screen, turning the FM2 button into SAT. Ebay has OEM units for about 250.00

HMMM, I will surely check this out. Thanks.

4: Third row buttons up front is not safe. Lincoln used to have them by the rear doors and they deleted them due to safety issues. As for up front why? If you need to put the seats down wouldn't you be by the back door anyhow?

Why is a safety issue when usually load up my kid through the passenger doors and not through the trunk. It will help with the unnessery opening of the tailgate

5: Most people don't tow. Buy some mirror extensions from an RV shop which will work better anyhow.

I'm not trying to pull an RV or a wide load. Extensions? Those are FUGLY. I cant remember,but my brothers Excursion has them integrated into his mirror from the factory. It was a simple fix. I just went to Autozone and bought a small dome shaped mirror( convex mirror?) and placed them.

6: The odds of the running boards preventing a door ding is minimal at best. Besides what are you doing in Wal-Mart anyhow? Seriously, park farther out.

It actually helps with alot of dents from minivans, and cars. It doesn't help with trucks, and hi vehicles. I sometimes go to Wal-mart because its convenient, and not everyone want to dine out everyday. I seriously park at the farthest empty stallwith no one around, and everytime I come out theres cars parked next to me. Easy fix with the running boards out. I open drivers door,passenger door, and pulled the 25amp fuse. Now it always out.

7: Yeah I agree on this but you can get an inch lower with adjusting the ride hieght sensors yourself.

You can adjust the ride hieght? I guess i didn't get that far on the owners manual.

Look I am not trying to pick a fight but if you have this many complaints then maybe it's not the vehicle for you. I am not the most pleased due to too many warrenty issues that we have to deal with, but I am happy with the vehicle as a whole. Good luck with yours. :W

No offense taken with your comments. I asked for comments in the emails, and i learn new things with your posts. Thats not that many complaints, and like I stated earlier post. I love my Navi eventhough it would help with everyday driving comforts, ergonomics of the car, and piece of mind. Dont get me wrong, Navi has alot of great features that other car makers dont have, and thats why i chose Navi over the Escalade.

Where's those pics of the Navi sporting the Giovanna Gello's?! I was considering putting the black/chrome ones on my 2003 Navi and want to see what they look like! Did the softness of the ride change drastically?

This is why I buy used...

I can handle door dings in a used car because I'm paying MUCH MUCH less than a new car.

:N

Lincoln Luebbe said:
Where's those pics of the Navi sporting the Giovanna Gello's?! I was considering putting the black/chrome ones on my 2003 Navi and want to see what they look like! Did the softness of the ride change drastically?
Here is a pic of a 03/04 with some.. look nice imo
831Photo-Library---0785.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back