Newbie LS Question

StewieMason

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I must say that I have been reading these forum topics and from what it looks like I not only got a great car- but also a great place to turn when problems arise.
I have the dreaded "misfire" and have gone to autozone and got the readings for free- I will take care of that later...
The problem I have is as follows: I took my first trip with 2 people in the back seat yeasterday. They were having a hard time hearing the music in the backseat. I put the fader in the back only and have realized that my rear door speakers are the only ones working (not the ones in the rear window).
The wires connecting to the amp are connected and all other speakers work... any thoughts? I was wondering why I had no bass...

Model: 2000 LS (non-sport) V8, 55K miles, I am under a 2 year 20K mile warrenty which I picked up last month.

Thanks in advance to all responses.

IF all the wires are hooked up correctly, and IF the amp is working, I would say that the speakers are dead....or not there.

I have a 2001 non-sport LS and I have no rear speakers. Do you have the Alpine Head Unit? If so then you should have rear speakers according to what I've read.

If you do have rear speakers, try hooking the leads up to another speaker and see if it plays. That should tell you if they SHOULD be working. After that, it's either a bad amp, a bad head unit, or bad wiring somewhere in the mix.

P.S. - I'd worry about the misfire first.
-Matt

I think the speakers in the deck are subwoofers only? at least my 03 is that way. you may not be tapped into the subs

Members online

No members online now.
Back