New Speakers

ltnate3

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Will just changing the factory speakers make that much difference? Should I go with a good set of 6x8, 6x8 components or 6.5 components?

HUGE difference. i ended up going with 3 sets of boston 5x7s and 2 12s. it sounds nice. i originally had 2 8" subs in the back deck, but didnt sound too good. then went 6x9 but didnt fit. so i ended up w/ 5x7s

itsnotmydaddys said:
HUGE difference. i ended up going with 3 sets of boston 5x7s and 2 12s. it sounds nice. i originally had 2 8" subs in the back deck, but didnt sound too good. then went 6x9 but didnt fit. so i ended up w/ 5x7s

Did you mount the 12's to a board firing into the back seat or are they enclosed? Actually I think i remember your write up. Having 3 sets didn't mess up your sound stage?

i just have a prefabbed box right now, im going out of town so im gonna need to take em out. i will make a custom enclosure when i get back. when installing the rear 5x7s i had to take out the factory amp, due to it only putting out bass, then tap into the back door speakers and run the wires through the seats. it sounds good, im gonna get a 4 channel in the future, due to the subs being too loud and the speakers not being loud enough. i have to have loud music, i lost 90% of my hearing in my left ear when i was little soo the louder the better :)

itsnotmydaddys said:
i just have a prefabbed box right now, im going out of town so im gonna need to take em out. i will make a custom enclosure when i get back. when installing the rear 5x7s i had to take out the factory amp, due to it only putting out bass, then tap into the back door speakers and run the wires through the seats. it sounds good, im gonna get a 4 channel in the future, due to the subs being too loud and the speakers not being loud enough. i have to have loud music, i lost 90% of my hearing in my left ear when i was little soo the louder the better :)

Ok so you're running everything off the factory head unit or do you have an amp hooked up?

itsnotmydaddys said:

Huge difference? how? bass, lows, mids, highs? and how did you manage to put 3 pairs of 5x7's besides replacing the doors? were did the third set go, and were did you wire it into?

lexdiamondz10304 said:
Huge difference? how? bass, lows, mids, highs? and how did you manage to put 3 pairs of 5x7's besides replacing the doors? were did the third set go, and were did you wire it into?

He put the third set in the rear package tray and hooked them up off the rear door speakers. Not sure about the 12s though.

yes, theres 2 sets in the doors, and i removed the rear deck ones and put 5x7s there as well. right now im running factory HU, im waiting to get the kenwood in dash navigation (like on the other post)(think hu looks cheap in this car), then i got a line out convertor and tapped into the rear speakers and ran the subs off that. oh the difference is in the highs and mids. the subs are enough filler bass that i need.

I walked him through everything.... :) a lil credit here cough cough.. :Beer

itsnotmydaddys said:
yeah yeah yeah, motts, i couldnt have done anything without you. thanks again.

yo i got ahold of some more subs.. IM me later

so 6x9s dont fit? I was bout to by a set from my cousin. what size do you all recomend. i'm not a real big stero guy i just like it for my enjoyment. All my friends have bang. I like it but its a little to much. I dont need all that might end up upgrading to a flip screen though.

Motts said:
I walked him through everything.... :) a lil credit here cough cough.. :Beer

Has anyone flush mounted tweeters? What location and do you have pics?

Members online

Back