New Pics 22's and in-dash Pioneer

87LandYacht

LVC Member
Reaction score
A pic of my 87 TC soon to be painted black to match the 22's. Just thought i'd share the pic with you guys, thanks. What i like about it is yes i know 22's are big, but the size of the car makes it look okay in my eyes and not like a huge donk. I'm sure you guys saw a car on 22's or 24's and the rims just didn't fit the car, well i think 22's on the TC fits like a glove, what yal think?

linc.JPG

DSC01302.JPG

Needs to be lowered. I'm talkin slammed kinda lowered. May need to tub it and notch the fraim, do some work on the front inner fenders, stuff like that. Use air ride for when you want to steer you can lift it up. But damn, slam that bitch!

what size tires are on it? can you get a close up pic of the rim and fender, and an under shot of the rear of the car

I have an '87 too and i have 15" deep dish wires on it now. but i was actually thinking of getting 20" wires for it. I'm not to big into the oversized rim sh!t but you've got a point about the towncar being able to accommodate a big rim. it doesnt look that out of place like some cars do.
it actually looks aiight.

The eff? Do those wheels even have rubber on them?

haha good one yeah theres rubber but the thing is the rims actually come out and over the tire about a inch so when u look down at it the deep lip and the overage actually looks like its just riding on rims, it looks even cooler in dark

I have an '87 too and i have 15" deep dish wires on it now. but i was actually thinking of getting 20" wires for it. I'm not to big into the oversized rim sh!t but you've got a point about the towncar being able to accommodate a big rim. it doesnt look that out of place like some cars do.
it actually looks aiight.

yeah and i'm not a fan huge rims but i just felt that 22's would be a nice fit and i'm happy with it, i also was planning on gettin wire wheels but i couldn't find any good ones in my area so i passed on that, i ran across a pic of a 88 TC black with 20'' wire wheels i could send it to you if you'd like to kinda give u a visual

87landyacht, that town car looks good on the rims. really does look like its riding on rims with no tires. slam it is a good idea, or take the money to slam it and put on 24's in the future. would like to see it painted black. throw two 15 inch kicker l7's so you got some knock and tint the windows.

87landyacht, that town car looks good on the rims. really does look like its riding on rims with no tires. slam it is a good idea, or take the money to slam it and put on 24's in the future. would like to see it painted black. throw two 15 inch kicker l7's so you got some knock and tint the windows.

thanks man, but i'm not a big fan of 24's and up unless its on a huge car or truck but yeah it should look alot nicer when its painted and tinted out but hey ima college student so its gonna be about a month ha

Old School looks

Some vehicles look better stock or near stock, unless one is going to go full custom on them. This is especially true with older vehicles. The big rims trick can look like you're trying to hard to compensate for the age of the car. You see that all the time in vehicles where its all wheel-no car. The Towncar doesn't need to be carried by its wheels. It already has the looks, lines and interior to make it cool. If it's a daily driver, the huge rims are just going to be a head ache over time.

I'd go for 18" wheels and not much bigger for a Towncar. The larger aspect ratio of a tire allows for more "cushion" in the ride. One can already tell the difference in a Yukon Denali when one changes from stock rims to aftermarket. It looks nice, but the ride invariably suffers. But to repeat myslef, the reason most trucks SUVs NEEDED trick wheels is because they are boring/bland trucks!:D

I just got rid of my mark VIII now I got a blue 99 towncar on 24s and they sit perfect on the car 22's looked too small on the newer body styles

Members online

No members online now.
Back