new owner, need help

septacon

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hey i'm new to the site. just bought my dream car, 84 sedan deville for 750 bucks. not in bad shape but of course it will need some work. only problem, i know pretty much absolutely nothing about any type of automobile. after i bought it, i walked around it for like ten minutes trying to figure out where you put gas in. i know, i'm an idiot. anyway, here's the first of probably many questions - i see a lot of older caddy's missing these pieces by the rear taillights, and there's a bunch of wires hangin out, flappin in the breeze. i'm sure yall know what i'm talking about, i just don't know what these pieces are called. my buddy at work drives an 86, and he's missing both of these pieces in the rear. he says they were like cadillac's early attempts at safety. they were like "crumple zones," made out of plastic, designed to just pop out if you hit something. anybody know exactly what they're called and where i can find one to replace it? also, i need to put it an aftermarket head unit (would like to keep the original. it would be awesome to have a bad-ass system with the original head unit, only it doesn't work.), so i took it to best buy the other day just to have them pop in a decent cd player, but they told me it would require custom work cuz you would have to cut away like 2 inces off the dash. i wrote to a couple places online, and they all told me the same thing. is this true, anybody know? i just want to have something to listen to on the road otherwise i start talking to myself and my therapist told me i shouldn't do that anymore cuz then i start telling myself to do bad things to people. oh, also there's a factory cb radio hooked up to the head unit; it would be awesome to keep that too (if it works), but if i replace the unit, i probably couldn't keep that either, huh? anyway, i like this site, keep up the good work, and if anyone can offer any suggestions, let me know. thanks!

thanks you guys are awesome

hey thanks for all the feedback. nobody can help me? or nobody wants to? i know i'm an idiot, but whatever. posted the same questions on another site and got a bunch of responses. so whatever. screw this site. sorry i'm not like a genius about cadillacs, i just had a few questions and i thought this would be a good place to turn. guess not. you can all rot. losers. cadillacforums is like a thousand percent better than this. later.

Members online

Back