New LS owner

Tommy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello y'all. After a long time researching I finally got myself a commuter car. Big deal because it's my first "new" car. First love is a 68 Firebird :) :tmi:

So I just got a Black 2003 LS V8. Happy to be here... :L

:V

I hate to admit, I'm already thinking mods. I'm happy it has more power than the previous years but looks like they've done just about all the tweaking possible. Still I may look into the magnaflow or Borla setup as well as a CAI. I've got more questions but I'll post them in the LS forum!

Welcome Tommy! (wish I was in Katy,I'd be a lot closer to home. STR8 shot to San Anto.) Go through there a couple times a year. Cool town. Enjoy the LS.
(TX homesick in GA:( )

1wykdmk8 said:
:W to the LvC.....nice first love by the way too.

Thank you 1wykdmk8! I truely love them both now :tmi: :L The Firebird is getting some much needed upgrades, like big discs and some cosmetics.

Randeaux, got a long commute now huh? I used to live in Austin and moved to Waco for school. That was bad enough, I feel for ya!

mespock, Thanks!

04LSSport - I've been really happy with it so far. I did have some kind of mechanical failure on the parking brake. The car has been at the dealer for over a week waiting on an intermediate cable for the brake. They don't keep stuff around and it appearantly doesn't move fast. It's also getting the 15,000 mile checkup, oil change and misc. Instead I drove a 2004 Towncar for a few days which was fun but too big. Now I'm in an 04 LS6. Much better. I like the 6 banger too, it has balls.

pepperman - Thanks for the warm welcome...
:monkey:

Shoot us off some pix of the 'Bird....I am currently helpin my old man on his '71 Chevelle/Malibu.

chevellepass.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1wykdmk8 said:
Shoot us off some pix of the 'Bird....I am currently helpin my old man on his '71 Chevelle/Malibu.

Finally got it out for gas and pics! :Beer

vbgarage.php

P1010004s.JPG

P1010012s.JPG

P1010018s.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tommy, that car looks bad to the bone!

Kbob said:
Hey Tommy, that car looks bad to the bone!

Thanks! It is! I am biased I admit.

I have plans for it under way. A new cam, some head work and an updated carb. Then it will get fun. Once I finish goofing with the current engine it'll either get a spare 400 or 428 I have in storage :wrench

That car looks really good....will most likely look awesome when done......keep up da good work.

Members online

No members online now.
Back