New LS owner with a question....

quick_4.6

New LVC Member
Reaction score
2001 Lincoln LS8 "non-sport" with 56k

I love the car and I am really happy. Only one thing bugs me, the car seems a little unstable at 80mph. Is there something common that I need to have checked? It floats and feels as if I am sliding on ice or something. I just had one of the tires replaced because it had a little hop to it. This seems to have fixed the vibration, but it still is wandering at 80. Any suggestions?

quick_4.6 said:
2001 Lincoln LS8 "non-sport" with 56k

I love the car and I am really happy. Only one thing bugs me, the car seems a little unstable at 80mph. Is there something common that I need to have checked? It floats and feels as if I am sliding on ice or something. I just had one of the tires replaced because it had a little hop to it. This seems to have fixed the vibration, but it still is wandering at 80. Any suggestions?
Your best bet is to replace the rest of the tires so you have a set of 4 good ones. If that doesn't work, I would suggest new shocks.

The tires only have 5,000 miles on them. I really doubt that the tires are toasted already.

I am going to have the front end inspected, including shocks, and the alignment checked.

Any other suggestions?

Something must be wrong with the suspension. A busted shock?? My LS has ~95K and is as solid as the day it was new. The faster it goes, the more stable it seems to become.

Members online

No members online now.
Back