New guy with issues...Help

jahomes

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, just joined the board today after reading for about a week. Bought a used manual V6 2000 with 115k on the dash and a both load of minor issues. Ball joint replacement: cost, where to get parts, can you do it yourself or is it a shop issue. I have the same questions regarding tie rods, those pesky window regulators, spark plugs and possibly valve cover gasket. Any help would be appreciated. P.S. The car does run.

Had some of the same issues

I also have a 2000 V6 manual, I had to replace my right side ball joint a few months ago, when I bought the car I also got the extended warranty not sure about cost but it was covered I also had to replace a few of my gaskets throughout the engine and a few coolant hoses. My Ls only had 59000 on it so I haven't had many problems but one thing to watch out for is the hydrolic coolinf fan mine has had to be fixed a couple of times......Let me know if u have any other questions about the V6 manaul they are kinda rare....

jahomes said:
Hello, just joined the board today after reading for about a week. Bought a used manual V6 2000 with 115k on the dash and a both load of minor issues. Ball joint replacement: cost, where to get parts, can you do it yourself or is it a shop issue. I have the same questions regarding tie rods, those pesky window regulators, spark plugs and possibly valve cover gasket. Any help would be appreciated. P.S. The car does run.

00ls5spd said:
I also have a 2000 V6 manual, I had to replace my right side ball joint a few months ago, when I bought the car I also got the extended warranty not sure about cost but it was covered I also had to replace a few of my gaskets throughout the engine and a few coolant hoses. My Ls only had 59000 on it so I haven't had many problems but one thing to watch out for is the hydrolic coolinf fan mine has had to be fixed a couple of times......Let me know if u have any other questions about the V6 manaul they are kinda rare....

I had all of the fluids changed and allis well at this time. I will keep an eye on the cooling fan. Thanks for the info.

jahomes said:

Ball joints are not too hard to replace. Do a search here and I think I posted prices too. I haven't finished my tech page on that one yet. It was pretty expensive though. I would rather due the labor on the ball joints then the valve cover gaskets. My gasket pages are for the v8 so I guess it won't help you...

Members online

No members online now.
Back