New Engine Build

I'd be very interested to see where these figures have come from. Is there a study somewhere?

KS

For example.. The Granatelli coils produce 42KV with 0 ohms resistance.. Accel's have a primary resistance of 0.660 ohms.. This, from the information I have found, produces a voltage of around 28-32KV..

And the Granatelli ones are about 40 more.. Sounds like a smart choice imo.. ;)

Just a quick note to let everyone know this project is still working. I am in the process right now of having a custom aluminum intake manifold made. That and looking at a bigger throttle body (off a mustang) and mating it with a weapon r intake.

Waiting on a reply from the place i am getting new fuel injectors.
Walbro fuel pump is in the garage in a box. As is new valve covers.

Will update with pics as soon as i actually start the build.

Update?

Sorry guys- couldn't find a good donor engine, so this feb I'm putting a head down motorcraft reman in, and then gonna pull the original out to do the rebuild. Still collecting parts in the mean time. Looking at spring for the start.

I asked because mine just went in. Less than 70 miles on it at the moment. Snow prevented me from picking it up last week but I will have it by Thursday.

Decided to keep the pathfinder over doing a trade in. It's an 06' and gives me a winter car. I will do the swap this winter, and then rebuild the old motor super crispy. I' gome powder coat, and chrome as much as I can to really have it look good. I have a bunch of the essential stuff I need in the garage already, and am working on the custom stuff. Looking at next winter to finish that build. My brother is getting some of the parts dabbed for me in California. I will post pictures as soon as the keel stuff starts getting finished. And of course, when my head down motor shows up! Kinda excited.

You must be dying to get back in her with only 70 miles on the motor!

Also as a side note. I am measuring and replace every suspension bushing, and dust boot possible with energy suspension universals while the girl is on blocks this winter, if your interested, I am gonna post all the serial numbers as a make shift kit.

The one thing I did not do is take pics of it once it arrived from Cali. Not sure why I did not but I didn't. LOL. I guess the receipts in excess of $3500 for the whole deal proves the work. LOL. Learned by talking with Alax that the shop that did the work is about 20 minutes from where he lives.

That- and some times new stuff can be so exciting that you can forget that everyone else wants to share the moment. I doit all the time!

I did my front suspension completely in May. The part numbers should be of use to everyone though.

Members online

Back