new 2000ls problem, anyone?

LS Gets U Wet

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well the Lincoln again has a problem...
(to catch everyone up to date, it was just in the shop last month for the miss fire)
i drove the car to oakland sunday (A's Yanks game) and drove it back the same night, maybe 500miles on it, and the car drove fine...
yesterday got in the car to go to the store (1mile) and it drove fine.. then i got back in it and right as i pulled down my street the center said ' decrease in engine power' and the temp light came on, with the guage quickly going as high as it can...?
now it wasnt really overheating im sure, since there was no smoke and no water anywhere. popped the hood and heard like a smal motor running, dont know what the part is...if anyone has a picture of the motor with detailed parts maybe i can shwo you guys? its the metal tube next to the radiator that was making noise, looks like an a/c part and looks like some wires melted to it...either way the batterys disconnectd now and waitin to get some warranty work

sounds like your car in fact did overheat, pretty common on the 2000 LS, the thermostats get stuck. There was a recall on them if memory serves.

The small motor you heard/saw running is the electric auxilary water pump. Since the car was overheating it stayed on to circulate coolant to try and cool down the engine.

in certain parts of europe vehicles are required to be able to run the heat for 20 minutes after the car is off or if it stalls, thats why that pump is also there.

jay

that would make sense if it was the aux. fan running...
i saw some wires melted to what looked to be a alum pipe right next to the radiator...so well see, i hope its something covered by warranty...
it looks as if its almost time to let the lincoln go to a good home...
spend 115$ in gas 1 one day travelling sigh
gas here in central cali is up to 3.45$gal

Members online

No members online now.
Back