Need suggestions for detailing

CaddiLvr

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I would like someone to please recommend to me a brand of wax to use. Right now all I've got is Meguirs Gold, is that good enough? Is there anything else I should be using on my car to make it shine? I'm also using Mothers Chrome polish for my wheels, is that sufficient, or is there a better alternative.

Whats the best product to use when cleaning the carpet in cars? Whats the best product to use to clean the leather?

Can someone please tell me how to get the swirl marks out of my paint? I know theres a way, but I can't remember how. And can this method be used on my wheels?

Also, there's a few scratches and scuffs on my car and I was wondering if there was anything I could do to repair them.

Sorry about all the questions, I'm new to detailing.

Thank you!

Meguiar's Gold Class is a good average wax, if you want something to last longer then go to a synthetic wax product like Zaino, Klasse or even Liquid Glass, these will outlast carnauba waxes up to 5 to 1 in how long they will protect. To remove light scratches and swirl marks I would use a product like 3M Scratch and Swirl Remover, this product is best used with a buffer, but can be used by hand, you can get this at most Pep Boys type stores, this product will work on scratches, but if they are deep scratches you may want to use something with a little more abrasive first, like a 3M Liquid Rubbing Compound, then follow with a scratch and swirl remover. If you do not have a buffer you may want to talk to some detail shops or body shops that could do this for you. Mother's is a good choice for aluminum wheels as long as they are not clear coated. Leather products like Zaino or Lexol to name a few will work very well, as long as your leather is in fairly good shape.

I've been using Meguiars Cleaner Wax for about a year now. The stuff goes on looking like oil but then dries nicely. Super easy to buff off it you don't let it get to dry. The formula takes out the swirls you get from hand polishing. It is the best stuff for the money. Not the best there is, but the best bang for the buck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back