!!!NEED HELP!!! Car Shaking @ about 55-60 mph

d_kelly_34

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I don't what's going on with my car but now when i'm driving and I go to accelerate it like hesisates and starts to shake when I drive... what could this be? Is this misfiring???

what would I have to do for this to be fixed though?... Is it all of my ignition coils or just one or two? Or is it even the coils or not?

pull the coil covers and check for oil in the plug wells

I have a V6 and I changed out all mine when I popped the new motor in not knowing if the old 6 where good or not. Why worry about 9 year old 126K coils and pulling off intake when $140 for all 6 new I can sleep at night.

Is there anyone with an LS who hasn't had to change coils?

At least one, but I don't expect it to stay that way. I haven't had to change any coils in my 06 (50K miles), but I've had to change four in my 04 (100K miles).

Mine finally threw the code this week.. ordering the coils from that alanis guy on eBay.. have heard good things. also dont forget vcg's

As far as i can tell, the dealer said nothing was done mechanically to my car except oil changes... 02 V8 with 82k on the clock now

(crosses fingers), 64,000 miles none yet, I did do my VC gaskets around 45,000 and coil boots and put dieletric grease in the boots to prevent oil from getting in there, hopefully works for a while. I am gonna do plugs on it soon, so hopefully by disturbing them I wont have a problem afterwards, tempermental :q:q:q:qs!!!!!

Hmmmmm

01 V6, 105k miles, same old OEM plugs and coils, never changed them, runs fine. Bought coils in anticipation of replacement, but so far ok. :)

Me. My '04 was diagnosed with a similar issue: bucking at 50/part throttle and rough idle on cold starts. I was SURE it would be a coil or 2. Coils were fine. A dealer reflash fixed the issue.

Me. My '04 was diagnosed with a similar issue: bucking at 50/part throttle and rough idle on cold starts. I was SURE it would be a coil or 2. Coils were fine. A dealer reflash fixed the issue.

Hmm, how much did that cost you?

1 hr for diag, .5 hr for the flash. $80/hr at the stealer I took it to. Of course it doesn't take that long but it took care of the problem. I thought I was going to skate on a coil TSB because they don't even charge you for the diag, but hey...it's fixed.

I've got a 2000 and I've never changed mine. I don't believe the previous owner did either. I'd have to check his records to know for sure.

Members online

Back