Need advice.....

cableguynoe

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, so I made an appointment at my local Lincoln service shop to have my car checked. I am having "hard starts" which have been going on for a while. Everything indicates that i might have a leaky fuel injector or something of that sort.
Anyway, Lincioln is gonna charge me $157...1 and a half hours work just to check the prob and tell me what's wrong. I feel this is a bit much, but i really need this to be resolved.

I called Midas and they run a similar diagnostic for about 85 bucks....

Will i get the same results at Midas(or any other shop)?
or should i just go with Lincoln?

I've never had my car serviced at a shop before so any advice you guys can give me will help!

Thanks!

Honestly I would take it to the dealer a Lincoln dealer not even a Ford Dealer. You could buy an injector and maybe swap it around till you find the offending device. That is about 70 bux a little time under the shade tree and a cold beer or three.

What year and engine do you have?

01 Ls V8....Hmmm....I'm not sure if the place i went is a Lincoln dealor..
It says Ford Lincoln Mercury...arent they all the same?

if it says ford lincoln mercury.. they yes its a lincoln dealer. just have them check it out. thye will tell u whats wrong.. dont trust midas or any of them shops.. dealership usually fix there **** ups anyway..i know we do. i know there is a ssm for a hard start long crank.. where the engine will get flooded. i think// i dont remmember i had a couple beers.. or eight.. but anywho.. yea im pretty sure there is a ssm to reprogram the pcm for a hard start/ long crank concern

cableguynoe said:
01 Ls V8....Hmmm....I'm not sure if the place i went is a Lincoln dealor..
It says Ford Lincoln Mercury...arent they all the same?

yeah the dealer can only adverstise a manufacturer if they are an authorized dealer.

2001LS8Sport said:
You need to check this out... http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=8727&highlight=hard+start I had the EXACT same problem. They did the PCM thing...actually put a new PCM in it. Didn't fix it. By the way...if you get the PCM done, make sure they order the jumper harness too. Without it, you will have PATS problems. Been there done that...got the T shirt.

ahhh the "I went to my lincoln dealer for service and all i got was this lousy tshirt" tshirt. I have a closet full of them if anyone wants one without the hassel of goig to a dealer for service :D

If you hae tools and a little time you could pretty much try everything we have posted in these forums and still come in under the stealership price and have a much better customer service experience. Sadly, you would not get the Tshirt.

I don't know how well this will translate to the LS, but in the F-Body world, when I suspect a leaking injector, I just do the following:

Unbolt the fuel rails from the manifold and lift them up so that the injectors are hovering directly over each of their respective bungs. Then I pressurize the system by either keying the ignition on (DO NOT START THE CAR) or grounding the fuel pump prime circuit (don't know if the LS had this). Then just take a look at each injector head as it sits there and see if it's leaking.

Members online

No members online now.
Back