Need a fuse diagram...

corder13

LVC Member
Reaction score
Could anyone send me a picture with the layout for the fuse box underneath the dash on the driver's side of an 89 Lincoln Town Car? I'm trying to hook up a CB in the car, but I don't know what fuse goes to what. Not to mention there are quite a few missing fuses, which might explain why my front cornering lights aren't working. Thanks.

Rick

Even if someone could list the numbers of the fuses under the dash, along with what they go to and what amp fuse they need would be great. Also if anyone could tell me the numbers of the accessory fuse(s) that aren't used would be helpful so I can hook up this CB.

Rick

grab power from behind the radio for ignition and ground. As far as the fuses go:

1 15a Clock, radio, instrument panel, heated windshield, air suspension, antenna module, daytime running lights.

grab power from behind the radio for ignition and ground. As far as the fuses go:

1 15a Clock, radio, instrument panel, heated windshield, air suspension, antenna module, daytime running lights.

2 8.5cb wiper control module, windshield wiper
3 not used
4 10a instrument panel, warning chime, heated windshield, air suspension
5 10a power mirrors
6 10a radio, warning chime, dome/reading/map lights, antenna module, clock
7 5a illumination lights
8 15a neutral safety switch, keyless entry, daytime running lamps, Day night sensor, automatic day night mirror
9 30a ATC blower motor
10 30a cigar lighter
11 20a exterior lamps, anti-theft, keyless entry
12 20cb automatic trunk release switch
13 15a ignition coil, TFI ignition module
14 not used
15 5a rear window defrost, trailer adapter, anti theft
16 20a stop hazard lamps, HEGO sensors, multi function switch
17 10a courtesy lamps, automatic temperature control blower switch, power door locks, Instrument panel, power mirrors, keyless entry
18 5a anti-lock brakes

This is from my chilton manual 88-90, i figured it was better than nothing. the numbering arrangement should be on the fuse box cover.

The fuses are numbered in the vehicle from top to bottow left to right like your reading a book. counting down. top being where the circular turn signal flasher is.

Thanks for the list! The only problem is that I still can't put the CB in it without taking the entire back seat out, which I really don't want to do. LOL That's why I decided against it. However, since it looks like I have quite a few missing fuses, this should come in handy anyway. I think I was missing 4 or 5 fuses altogether. One last question, what does the "8.5cb" mean? I thought the 8.5 would be a fuse size, but what does the "cb" signify behind it?

Rick

Ok, I just went out to check over the fuse list you gave me, and either we have different year cars with different fuses, or somebody really messed this up. Here's MY list of fuses:

1) 15A
2) 8.25A (silver rectangular fuse)
3) There isn't a number 3 in my fuse box.
4) 15A
5) 15A
6) 20A
7) 10A
8) 15A
9) 30A
10) Missing.
11) 20A
12) 20A (silver rectangular fuse)
13) 5A
14) 20A (silver rectangular fuse)
15) 10A
16) 20A
17) Missing.
18) 10A

So, could anyone tell me what's going on? Did someone mess this up, or was the fuse diagram I was given for a different car?

Rick

Members online

Back