Navigators mileage

setes

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys ! :W

I am new here, an need your opinions.
I would like to buy 1999 Navigator RWD. I found one good looking and driving here, but the mileage is 144000. What do you think about it ? Is it worth to buy > How long it could drive without major problems ?

Thanks
Paul,

setes said:
Hi Guys ! :W

I am new here, an need your opinions.
I would like to buy 1999 Navigator RWD. I found one good looking and driving here, but the mileage is 144000. What do you think about it ? Is it worth to buy > How long it could drive without major problems ?

Thanks
Paul,

how much is it?

That seems a little high to me.
Which engine does it have? ie. std 5.4 or 5.4 Intec?
Is the car loaded? ie. rear air, tow package, premo sound?

These cars are very nice. :L But. gas mileage in town is about 12-13.

My '02 uses prem. gas.

Please do not get me wrong. Like said. I love my Navigator, but raising gas prices are brutal. :Bang

:cool:

Hi !

Thanks for the reply :Beer
It has 5.4L V8 SMPFI SOHC - I think it is std.
It is in good condition, especially exterior, the leather after +140tm are little bit worn out.
I know that fuel mileage isn't a good point of this car, but I like big toys :steering

Thanks
Paul,

z1069 said:
That seems a little high to me.
Which engine does it have? ie. std 5.4 or 5.4 Intec?
Is the car loaded? ie. rear air, tow package, premo sound?

These cars are very nice. :L But. gas mileage in town is about 12-13.

My '02 uses prem. gas.

Please do not get me wrong. Like said. I love my Navigator, but raising gas prices are brutal. :Bang

Hey setes

Do they have any records on the car?

Since it has the std. 5.4 I would go to www.f150online.com tons of info.

With that many miles, frt end issues... ball joints, power window motors, gunk in the engine, etc. All of these things can be corrected, but with some cost.
A Navigator is basically an F150. I have been through all of the issues above and more. You also have to be very careful with the spark plugs in that motor.

As far as the interior, I found some leather on eBay. I took it to a local shop and had them replaced a damaged leather seat I had. :slam

If you do not skimp on maintenance and repair things quickly these cars will last.
My brothers made it almost 300k.

sorry so long.

Thanks for the reply.

It is 1 owner, mostly highway miles. Some service records. Clear carfax report.
What's the deal with the spark plugs ?
Do you think the "flush" will be safe for this engine ? What oil do you suggest ?

Thanks
Paul,

z1069 said:
Hey setes

Do they have any records on the car?

Since it has the std. 5.4 I would go to www.f150online.com tons of info.

With that many miles, frt end issues... ball joints, power window motors, gunk in the engine, etc. All of these things can be corrected, but with some cost.
A Navigator is basically an F150. I have been through all of the issues above and more. You also have to be very careful with the spark plugs in that motor.

As far as the interior, I found some leather on eBay. I took it to a local shop and had them replaced a damaged leather seat I had. :slam

If you do not skimp on maintenance and repair things quickly these cars will last.
My brothers made it almost 300k.

sorry so long.

Hi
The spark plugs on some of the std 5.4 engine had a problem of blowing out of the head. It was a bad design. Do a search lots of info. I had a blow out on my '00 4.6 engine, so i know it happens. If it were my car I would take it to a good Ford or Lincoln service department and have them change the plugs with Motorcraft brand. Then if there was a problem they may help cover any costs. Let me say it is rare that this happens. Most of the other maintenance you could handle.
Buying pre-own cars are always a risk.

As far as the oil, in this case (144k) I would keep using what current owner is using. I have always used synthetic oil. Amsoil or Mobil 1.

I have not used, but have been researching www.auto-rx.com. Some of the Ford Diesel guys say this stuff works. I have bought some, but have not tried it yet.

Hope this helps

We used to own a 99 Navigator AWD, the only problems it had was electrical & some ticking noise coming from the engine. We had a lot of miles on it, i forgot how many, we went to Mexico with it many times. We got $14,500 for it from Galpin Lincoln, this was on January this year, we used that money to buy an 04.

Hey setes

Did you ever pull the trigger on that Navigator? Or did you find something else? :steering

It's a long story. I didn't liked the seller of that Navigator :bash:
And guess what ? Now I am buying an Escalade :feedback
It is '99 and little bit lower mileage - 130k., 1st owner, clean in and out :steering
There were some noises in front end (pitman and idler arms) and I wanted seller to repair it before I buy it.
I hope to complete transaction tomorrow. :give

Best regards
Paul,

z1069 said:
Hey setes

Did you ever pull the trigger on that Navigator? Or did you find something else? :steering

Members online

No members online now.
Back