my window will not roll down

tongan2you

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1999 lincoln navigator and my drivers side front window will no longer roll down. You can hear the relay switch clicking when you try so I do not think it is the switch. Does anyone have an idea, did the motor go out? Are they really easy to replace once you get the door panel off? Any ideas?
:N

Does anyone have the answer for tongan2you's question? I'm having the same problem with my 2000 Navi driver side window.

Thanks

smith40

It's the regulator for the window...

Mine just went out in our 2004 Aviator. Thank god it was still under warranty. Unfortunately, they dropped my window when they were replacing it, so they had to replace that also. It's taken about 2 weeks now.

:Bang

I have a 99 navigator and I had the same problem this past summer with the front passenger side window. If you have checked all the fuses and made sure those are still good, its the motor. I had to replace the motor in mines too. The thing is, when I went to replace it myself, it was terribly tough. There are two holes you have to drill in to put the new motor in because of how Lincoln built in the actual motor so when replacing it, there is a little bit of customizing you have to do so I reccomend bringing it into a shop. Its like 1 hours worth of labor. I bought the part on ebay so you could do that too.. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.
Back