My LS gets new treads tomorrow

04_Sport_LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So... with winter coming, it is time for new tires. Mine are almost down to the wear bars.

Appointment made with my local Discount Tire... and of course once again, I will be getting the Continental Extreme Contact DWS.

The latest version is the 06+ , with a slight tread pattern change.

I expect that I will get 70k out of these tires, (which is typical), and they will probably outlast the car. If the LS holds up and the tires go the full 70k, My LS will then have 350k on it (I don't see that happening... though I am hopeful, though the body will probably be rotted away by then.

Ironically... the "raccooned" radiator is still holding up. I have all the parts to do a cooling system rebuild, except the degas bottle.

One will be ordered... along with some new sway bar links. (I've been hearing some rattling when going over bumps).

I just put a set of these on my 03. I’m really liking them so far. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

I know I won't. This is my 3rd set of them.;):cool:

So yes... with 280k miles on the odometer, am getting 70k miles out of each set.

Bought the car with 70k miles on it. The first thing I did was get rid of the junk factory Dunlops.

Going on my 4th set. Love them. They dont last that long though at least for me.

These are the tires that I have on my current car. So far no problems, and at two years (probably 25K miles) there's no noticeable wear.

Members online

Back