My Drilled + Slotted Upgrade by Brake Motive

Yeah the fronts are $50 and rears are $30. You could get them maybe a bit cheaper but quality is the question. And those are painted black center.

mine have not cracked either (knock on wood) but i do have a squeak starting... someone should change the title of this to "do not buy"

Yea definitely. Maybe we can get Rollin to update it.

This sucks, I also bought these for my mom's Mountaineer. Fortunately she only drives like 3k a year and I visually inspected them today and they seem fine. Not even rusted yet, even though they've been on longer than mine.

Lol just got off the phone with them. I have to pay $43 for them to ship me 2 new ones? and when i called about the pads i had to pay $22 for shipping? lol

Thats half of what it costs to buy a new set shipped! and $22 is more than what the pads are worth.

I mean come on, you can fit 2 rotors in a Large flat rate USPS box and ship it for $15.

I asked to speak with a surpervisor and shes out until monday because of medical reasons lol Anyone smell BS? I told her to have a supervisor call me back anyway.

Thoughts?

Lol just got off the phone with them. I have to pay $43 for them to ship me 2 new ones? and when i called about the pads i had to pay $22 for shipping? lol

Thats half of what it costs to buy a new set shipped! and $22 is more than what the pads are worth.

I mean come on, you can fit 2 rotors in a Large flat rate USPS box and ship it for $15.

I asked to speak with a surpervisor and shes out until monday because of medical reasons lol Anyone smell BS? I told her to have a supervisor call me back anyway.

Thoughts?

That's a pretty common scam. It's also why the charge is "shipping and handling", and not just shipping. They make their handling charge big enough to cover their actual product cost. They don't make as much as a new sale, but they don't lose money either.

My favorite are the commercials where they say order now and we'll throw in a second whatever for free, just pay separate shipping and handling.

These are no different than any other cheap CHINESE pos rotors.

Do yourself a favour, and go with quality parts (Adam's Rotors), or stay with blanks (Centric Premiums are great, off Rockauto).

Nope, but they list the T-Bird. Should be worth to shoot them an email.

These are no different than any other cheap CHINESE pos rotors.

Do yourself a favour, and go with quality parts (Adam's Rotors), or stay with blanks (Centric Premiums are great, off Rockauto).

Agreed, I don't know what people were thinking when they saw 4 pads and rotors for $150 and thought it was a good idea. I run a Powerslot rotor with Motorcraft pads all around. To be honest I notice no real difference so I should of just cut the original rotors, painted them and been done.

Not that it needs said again, but mine still sqeak too. No cracks though.

the black ones? have any pics, ls4me?

Yup. It's dark and the car is nestled in the garage, but I'll try and remember to get pics tomorrow. The rotor face is "silver" and the holes/slots are black. Wearing off the black did cause beaucoup "dust"! My wheels looked like they came off a MB! They were almost black! That took a few hundred miles.

Bet those black ones are even worse.

I really dislike drilled slotted rotors now.

I had a quick question because I'm planning on getting these drilled/slotted rotors for the front and back axle either from Brake Motive or Cquence, so my question is that will my STOCK calipers fit on these? I have OEM 16inch rims as of now so will i be able to just do a quick rotor and brake pad swap and still have my stock caliper. Or do i need to buy some aftermarket calipers also? Thank you.

I had a quick question because I'm planning on getting these drilled/slotted rotors for the front and back axle either from Brake Motive or Cquence, so my question is that will my STOCK calipers fit on these? I have OEM 16inch rims as of now so will i be able to just do a quick rotor and brake pad swap and still have my stock caliper. Or do i need to buy some aftermarket calipers also? Thank you.

As long as they say they fit, they will fit with no modification. The stock calipers are all the same size; 16" or 17".

Members online

No members online now.
Back