My biggest fear about tinting my windows

bingbangyadda said:
what if during the time I'm not suppose to roll down my windows a cop pulls me over? =O
just get past those few days with ur fingers crossed. at the end its aallllllllllllll worth it. goood luck!!! 5% on all mine and it looks tight!!

or more importantly what if ur hungry and all thats around is a jack n da box, how do u place ur order if u cant roll ur wondow down :). jk, ull b fine, cops understand about the windows, just open ur sunroof and tell him bout ur tint

itsnotmydaddys said:
or more importantly what if ur hungry and all thats around is a jack n da box, how do u place ur order if u cant roll ur wondow down :). jk, ull b fine, cops understand about the windows, just open ur sunroof and tell him bout ur tint

lmao, ::eek:pens sunroof:: "SORRY OFFICER I CAN"T ROLL DOWN MY WINDOWS DUE TO MY ILLEGAL TINT STILL SETTLING IN".

And no drive throughs? damnit!! =(

I'm also worried about my friends opening the windows

bingbangyadda said:
lmao, ::eek:pens sunroof:: "SORRY OFFICER I CAN"T ROLL DOWN MY WINDOWS DUE TO MY ILLEGAL TINT STILL SETTLING IN".

And no drive throughs? damnit!! =(

I'm also worried about my friends opening the windows

I know what you mean, the first day I got tint put on me and my buddies were cruisin in the LS and I told them not to roll the windows down and about an hour and a half later one of them rolls my window down and when I told him to roll it back up there was no tint at all on the window and all he had to say was "OOPS, MY BAD" so needless to say, I punched him in the forehead. He did however pay to get window re-tinted.

Put tape over the window switches. thats what the company that re-did my rear windows did. No matter how many times you tell someone, they will still put them down. Maybe not intentionally, but they will.

Ya know jabronis... there's that little switch on the driver's door locks the windows... Only the driver can open and shut them :rolleyes:

mholhut said:
Ya know jabronis... there's that little switch on the driver's door locks the windows... Only the driver can open and shut them :rolleyes:

That only works for the back windows.

slackjoebill said:
That only works for the back windows.

Yea I found that out after I had the windows locked and somebody rolled my passenger window down 3 days after getting tints. They were fine thankfully, but this is the same friend that decides to see what happens when my cup holders flip around with $20 worth in change in them. I really need to get a hold of some of those non-flip cup holders.

a little thing i did with my old car. when they were puttingthe tints in, i knew my DA friends would try to roll the windows down after telling em not to. so i had them unplug the window harnest so no one could roll em down. its very easy to do your self and savs u the hastle of dealing with DA friends. just my .02 cents

When I tinted the back windows in my GM they came out awesome except for 1 small bubble at the bottom of the passenger side window. So, I poked it with a needle and periodically squeegeed the bubble flat. 1 of MY dumbass friends saw the hole and picked at it until it got big enough to slice the tint!!! Then he was like, "Dude, did you know you got a hole in your tint?" I bitch slapped him full throttle across his face!

don't worry about it. Let your car sit in direct sunlight for like 3-4 hrs and you are good to roll them up and down. I have a friend that tints for a living. All cars he has done for me i rolled the windows down in like 2 hrs.

tint

:bash: true, a few hot hrs does it damn fine, never had a problem myself. anyway, I just got my 1st tint ticket and also for wrongful display of the license pl

ate (tinted cover). g'luck

hmm, I could park on the upper level at work, which would be in the sun for 8 hours. I could also do the unplug thing (how do you do that btw)...

BB58926, did you take it to court? My friend did and just said "I bought the car like this, I didn't know it was illegal, since I've found out though the tint has been removed" (and obviously don't take the car to court though)

Kids.... Kids with money and LS'. LOL Not an insult. I was one too. If your biggest worry is getting pulled over then you better rethink how you drive.

Dartastic said:
Kids.... Kids with money and LS'. LOL Not an insult. I was one too. If your biggest worry is getting pulled over then you better rethink how you drive.

Nice, good way to put it.
I had my windows tinted then about four hours later on a trip had to roll down my drivers side window for the toll booths, no problems then and no problems now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back