More on Flakey '95

kingrichard

LVC Member
Reaction score
So, I had my codes read at Advanced Autoparts and I got a code U1051. Does anybody know what this is? The guy at the parts store was at a loss, he was also having a bad day. You know, stuff like; "Why am I the only one that knows how to do this?" ; "Your cars an ODB-II, it's not supposed to be." and "If you parked further away it would be easier to get at the port." Anyways, any help out there? :(

Thanks for responding Torqumonkey,
How did you get to the speed sensor? I couldn't find any codes that began with U.

King

You are welcome.

You were saying the guy was having a bad day. He read the code wrong or the Actron reader (I'm guessing thats what he used) came up with the "U" prefix. If you want to double check me, follow the link above to the web site and you can see for yourself.

Hi Torquemonkey,
Yes, the guy had a bad day but he gave me a print out that says "DTC U1051 no Definition available". So, I see where I led you astray. Sorry. He did use an Actron reader. Also, I just noticed that if I turn the stearing wheel all the way left, the compressor kicks in and my air suspension raises. It didn't stop raising so I got scared and turned the wheel straight again. The error re-appeared and the car stopped raising. Man was that a rush! Is this normal? I am medicated but not that much.

Good question. I haven't found a U1051 in the shop manual under Suspension load leveling control, 204-05-10.

Good question. I haven't found anything close to that trouble code in the shop manual; Suspension Load Leveling Control 204-05-10.

Hi Torquemonkey,
I did a search on-line and found that for GM autos the U1051 is a serial communications loss for class 2 devices. Do you think this will apply to the Lincoln? Also, I've heard of a harness issue that 95s and 96s have at the front strut valves. I'm going to check the "splices" out in the daylight. Any other suggestions, anybody? I'm starting to wonder if this car will float...................

King

My '95 has OBD1. However if yours is a late build, it's possible that it's OBDII.

What is the build date listed in the door jamb sticker? Where was the test connector that this guy used, and what did it look like?

Hi All,
Back again. Well, my connect is an ODBII. So, I've tried replacing the connector to the right front air valve where the factory spliced into the lines to make them longer. Well, that didn't work so now I'm going to try the other side. My air system does kick in if I turn the wheel all the way hard to the left. So at least I know the compressor and bags are good. Anybody know if this is a tech test thing or is it a clue to my problem? I'm still thinking its a cable thing................:confused:

KingRichard

It may be in the circuiting to the level sensor. Is the sensor fastened into place securley?
A quick search will show a post or two on how to do a bag test.

Hmmm, I would think any splicing would be suspect. Perhaps and intermittant ground issue signaling the compressor and solenoid to kick on.

Hey folks,
I finally fixed my air-ride issue. Turns out that a wire on the drivers side front, where the harness was spliced, broke. I went to the salvage yard, cut out another connector and spliced it in-line. So, I SOLD MY LINCOLN! I really liked the ride but there were just too many little problems that just drove me crazy. I could not justify the time and frustration. It's kinda like a first wife, you love it but it is just too demanding!
I'll see you all on the flip or Cadallac side. I love my Caddi! Godspitonya!

King Richard

Members online

No members online now.
Back