Marchal History ?

Lscr1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What ever became of Marchal ?

Anyone have any history guide links online ?

ummm .. Marchal are Fog Lamps , I was just wondering about their lineage .

In my searches, I never found anything. I am not sure about their relationship with Cibie. Perhaps they were one company or became one company. Cibie Airport 35 lights are duplicates of Marchal 750s in all but the lens. Perhaps they are one lighting company now. Both have a long history in premium automotive lighting. I am not sure if Marchal still makes lights. Cibie is alive and well. The Marauder used Cibie fog lights.

Marchal has no relationship with Cibie . The company/manufacturer went out of business a long time ago . Everyone knows that Cibie Airport 35's are Marchal 750 Duplicates .

History and lineage is what I'm after , not the obvious .

Becoming a member

ND4SPDLSC said:
In my searches, I never found anything. I am not sure about their relationship with Cibie. Perhaps they were one company or became one company. Cibie Airport 35 lights are duplicates of Marchal 750s in all but the lens. Perhaps they are one lighting company now. Both have a long history in premium automotive lighting. I am not sure if Marchal still makes lights. Cibie is alive and well. The Marauder used Cibie fog lights.

Why aren't you a member of the Northeast Chapter ? Never to late to join !!!!!

Lscr1 said:
Marchal has no relationship with Cibie . The company/manufacturer went out of business a long time ago . Everyone knows that Cibie Airport 35's are Marchal 750 Duplicates .
I currently own eight Mark VIIs and I didn't know that Cibie Airport 35's are Marchal 750 Duplicates.
Lscr1 said:
Chill Dude.
Spouting off with 'NOT THE OBVIOUS' like that isn't cool. You came asking for help and when it was offered, you stepped on the guy's reply.

Heating and cooling complexes in excess of 1,000,000 square feet is pretty OBVIOUS to me but I don't denounce the guy that buys a 12,000BTU air conditioner expecting it to cool his three story Victorian home.

Lscr1 said:

Step away from the espresso!

Not a great week for me , sorry about that .

Just frustrating I couldn't find a scratch of info on the net about Marchal . Call me compulsive but it doesn't make any sense .

Valeo is currently the parent company of both Marchal and Cibie. Don't know how that came about, but I would suspect hard times in the mid eighties.

Valeo doesn't seem to have much interest in the lighting aftermarket and has let the Marchal brand fade from the international market. Check them out at Valeo.com, maybe you could e-mail them for more info. (Know any French?)

mach8 said:
Valeo is currently the parent company of both Marchal and Cibie. Don't know how that came about, but I would suspect hard times in the mid eighties.

Valeo doesn't seem to have much interest in the lighting aftermarket and has let the Marchal brand fade from the international market. Check them out at Valeo.com, maybe you could e-mail them for more info. (Know any French?)

thanks for the info !

Actually I do a good bit of french . Heres another site I found online(also in french) .

www.tulpenlakritz.de/Kennleuchten/ SEV_Marchal/sev_marchal.htm

I imagine contacting Valeo about Marchal will fall on def ears . Who knows ,, worth a shot .

Lscr1 said:
Not a great week for me , sorry about that .
You're human and an adult. It's cool.
Just frustrating I couldn't find a scratch of info on the net about Marchal .
Lscr1 said:
Call me compulsive but it doesn't make any sense .
My lights cost a small fortune but again, I was restoring a car and owned and operated my own business and had cash out the wazoo. I still have champagne tastes but I'm on a broke dude budget.

With all that said, hit up the guys at your nearest Lincoln-Mercury dealer and simply ask, "What is the availabilty and cost to have two stock fog lamps installed on my Mark VII?" and to show them that you mean business, add, "how much of a down payment, if any, do you need from me to start the job?"

I have 6 pairs of Complete Marchal Fog Lamps w/covers , some rare , others who knows . Just wanted a taste of info , since I like you couldn't find much . Valeo wasn't much help .

Thanks for all the info though

Members online

No members online now.
Back