Making lighter colored paints POP!!!

Detailed Image

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Lighter colored vehicles are often very difficult to achieve a very deep wet gloss like jet black can produce. Todd defies the odds during this detail by making SGM look dripping wet. Read the entire BMW M3 article and detailed information here.

Some teaser shots:
IMG_4157.jpg
IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4161.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Greg @ Detailed Image

Lighter colored vehicles are often very difficult to achieve a very deep wet gloss like jet black can produce. Todd defies the odds during this detail by making SGM look dripping wet. Read the entire BMW M3 article and detailed information here.

Some teaser shots:
IMG_4157.jpg
IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4161.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Greg @ Detailed Image

greg, being in the automotive paint business myself for nearly 20 years i really have to compliment you on your attention to detail! You did a fabulous job on the m3 and i could only imagine the look on the customers face when he seen it.That to me is one of the best rewards of doing good quality work outside of being paid.I can see you take great pride in your work as do I and that to is why i enjoy doing what i do.I will soon have to look into the possibilty of the products you used there.Since most of my detailing comes after paint work are any of those products silicone free? thanks-buddy

Thank you guys for the compliments but unfortunately I did not complete this detail. This work was done by Todd from Esoteric Auto Detail in OH. Todd does amazing work and is contributing a lot of content to our site. I sold my service business and I'm just selling the products online now. However I still have a deep appreciation for the quality of work he does. If you would like to see more of his detail work, product reviews or detailing guides please check out our Professional Detailing section of www.DetailedImage.com.

Greg @ Detailed Image

checked out the article, car came out beautiful..

so how much to do it to my Conti? :p

Where are you located? I detail professionally as well, and am located in northern MN.

And yes, Todd does great work. He has a beautiful camera too, to capture reflections like that.

Oh, and that Blackfire AFPP is supposed to be awesome. I currently use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 or Jeff Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger. I actually really like both, but the AJT is really nice for layering, since you can go over it again in 30 minutes or so.

How long must one wait between coats of the Blackfire sealant?

Where are you located? I detail professionally as well, and am located in northern MN.

And yes, Todd does great work. He has a beautiful camera too, to capture reflections like that.

We are located in Albany, NY.

Oh, and that Blackfire AFPP is supposed to be awesome. I currently use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 or Jeff Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger. I actually really like both, but the AJT is really nice for layering, since you can go over it again in 30 minutes or so.

How long must one wait between coats of the Blackfire sealant?

I'm not sure what Blackfire product you are referring to but the Blackfire Wet Diamond w/Polycharger is an awesome sealant. It's extremely durable, easy to use and leaves a great shine. It's definitely at the top of my list for sealants on the market.

Generally speaking I recommend waiting 12 - 24 hours in between any additional coat of protection for optimal results. At a bare minimum wait one hour. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image

We are located in Albany, NY.

I'm not sure what Blackfire product you are referring to but the Blackfire Wet Diamond w/Polycharger is an awesome sealant. It's extremely durable, easy to use and leaves a great shine. It's definitely at the top of my list for sealants on the market.

Generally speaking I recommend waiting 12 - 24 hours in between any additional coat of protection for optimal results. At a bare minimum wait one hour. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image

Greg, the Blackfire product I was referring to is the All Finish Paint Protection sealant. We're referring to the same thing. It's actually called Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. Blackfire really has some top notch products.

What are your thoughts on opti-seal?

Greg, the Blackfire product I was referring to is the All Finish Paint Protection sealant. We're referring to the same thing. It's actually called Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. Blackfire really has some top notch products.

What are your thoughts on opti-seal?

haha, yea a couple of hours after I made that post for some reason it clicked and I knew what you were referring to. The Blackfire products are pretty underrated if you ask me. They definitely belong in the conversation of what products/brands are best for a lot of products. Their wax is excellent, sealant is extremely durable, the polishes use most of the same ingredients as the new Menzerna polishes and several other good ones.

The Opti-Seal is a pretty unique product and perfect for quick details. Simply just spray it on, buff it around and there is NO removal. It dries clear and looks pretty good. It's not as durable or as glossy as the Wet Diamond or a Jetseal 109, but it's far superior to most other spray on sealants for protection. If you like the product description you'll love the product. In short it is exactly what it claims to be.

Greg @ DI

Members online

Back