Magnaflow exhaust

00NORCAL V8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has any installed this system on their V8 particularly a 2000? If so have you noticed power gains? How about losses down low? TIA

This was the first mod I ever did on my LS. The Magnaflow definitely opened it not to mention it sounded so good. You should see about a 8-12 HP increase with the Magnaflow. If I were to buy another system I'd definitely buy the Magnaflow. However, Borla makes a good system too but I haven't driven an LS to notice the difference if there is any.

price

hey ghost, if you don't mind me asking, about what does the magnaflow cost for complete install and purchase (ballpark figure of course)? what type of sound does it create? I am really picky about the sound myself, I hate the fart-can sound and the big redneck budweiser pick-up truck sound... guess I'd keep it factory before I got it too loud basically.. quiet is better at night I think. helps me creeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppp :tmi:

Cost

Can this system be found for less than $650? :feedback

bb58926 said:
hey ghost, if you don't mind me asking, about what does the magnaflow cost for complete install and purchase (ballpark figure of course)? what type of sound does it create? I am really picky about the sound myself, I hate the fart-can sound and the big redneck budweiser pick-up truck sound... guess I'd keep it factory before I got it too loud basically.. quiet is better at night I think. helps me creeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppp :tmi:
The system is $650 and if you are a DIY'er then installing it will be cheap. However, if you don't like to get your hands dirty then any good muffler shop can put the system on for around $50-$100. The sound of the Magnaflow is very deep and throaty and does not have the big rumble of a Mustang running glass packs. You won't be disappointed with the Magnaflow.

Gray

GrayGhost1 said:
This was the first mod I ever did on my LS. The Magnaflow definitely opened it not to mention it sounded so good. You should see about a 8-12 HP increase with the Magnaflow. If I were to buy another system I'd definitely buy the Magnaflow. However, Borla makes a good system too but I haven't driven an LS to notice the difference if there is any.

Dude i wish you woulld call me i bought the Borla and its awsome , not as deep in the begining but the sound after abit it turns heads its like it burns off the packing . The horse power after dyno is about 10 hph on gas is good.

robnu0069 said:
Dude i wish you woulld call me i bought the Borla and its awsome , not as deep in the begining but the sound after abit it turns heads its like it burns off the packing . The horse power after dyno is about 10 hph on gas is good.
Why would I have called you? I've had the Magnaflow on my LS for 3 years. My statement about the Borla was based on that when I got my Magnaflow it was twice the price. Borla seems to have come down on their systems but one of supplier said they've done that to clear out inventory.

that's a catback system right Ken?

What about a catalyst equipped x-pipe. especially for a manual v6?

Or is that something else that I will have to fab up myself when I do the transmission swap?
I can see it now, Mike a the local meineke will just love seeing me again.
He did he 2.5 downpipes on the supercharged lx and knows what he is doing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back