Ls v8 windshield questions

JustALs

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys last week I encountered a roadblock and got towed for unsafe vehicle even tho I had my new mvi sticker last month .. they tow you and inspect the car if everything ia good the cops cover the inspection cost and the towing... however I was charged 320 for towing 40km distance and 100 for inspection
they had the car for a week

Everything was basically good on it except a few things... The Windshield had a small crack line, my rear window dirty spray tint, tought that was legal in my area as they note as dark as you want them... They also said all brake pads were shot but they are new.. I cut off the padding off of my steering wheel and apparently thats unsafe and wont pass mvi. my brake pedal is missing the rubber piece lol , exhaust touching the body trim huh k ,,, leaking front strut wich is bullshiet cause they all good but they didnt notice my broken real coil spring tho aight,,, no rear view mirror , i had replaced it completely with a dashcam mirror w reverse cam and rear view all the time prob the only thing that prob fails mvi... Vin not matching registration, uhh it does match and not stolen cops were even confused and ignored it, idk what happened there this is what was all wrote on the inspection that they did after towing me and i have to fix everything listed to re pass mvi and pass.

" Question is are the 2000-2006 windshield the same dimensions? I dont care if i dont have the Rain sensing module or wtv I can only find one listed for 2003 and up thx

bump need to know if they are the same and will fit 2000-2006

I would contact your local dealer and ask them. My "assumption" is that they are all the same... and that the rain sensing feature is not part of the actual windshield... but a sensor in the rear view mirror or cowl area.

I would contact your local dealer and ask them. My "assumption" is that they are all the same... and that the rain sensing feature is not part of the actual windshield... but a sensor in the rear view mirror or cowl area.
The rain sensing is a prism bonded to the windshield. The odds of making a non-sensing windshield into a sensing one are low. There may (or may not) also be some differences in the heated wiper parks.

Members online

Back