LS in the shop

VTOgre

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately, my LS is in the shop. Several things wrong:

1. Surging and jumpng in the transmission. Thought it just needed a PCM reflash, but it turns out it was the pressure control solenoid (this is what I was told at least by my father, service manager at the dealership)
2. Neither side mirror would adjust up. Needs a new switch.
3. Passenger seat heater would turn on, but sometimes turn right back off. Was a cracked heating element, being replaced.
4. Driver's door interior upper trim molding was loose, new clip needed.
5. Extreme road noise. From tire cupping. They rotated the tires, but still somewhat there supposedly, but got rid of vibration. Need a new set of tires, but not until I can afford it with some rims. Known problem with the stock tires for the 2004.

Also, they fixed the broken fog light and secured the front bumper front my run in with the raccoon a ways back. Luckily all of this was done under warranty. Still planning on getting an LSE kit once I can afford it.

What year?

My 04 goes back next week for some minor stuff...

1) Passenger side mirror doesn't work, didn't notice it until someone else tried to drive it and couldn't adjust it... gues it was broken just for me.

2) Annoying rattle in the passenger side of the dash, never hear it on smooth roads (like the ones I test drove on around the stealership) just improved roads. (every other road in SoCal) It's even more annoying when my BMW owning friends point it out. If a passenger places their finger between the door and the dash it goes away.

3) Back seats don't lock... or I'm too dumb to figure out why; they go up and down but never lock up. I messed with the locking mechanisms and cycled the ratcheting thing but no luck.

4) There is a little bit of moisture / residue on the bottom of the differential, they'll probably just wipe it off but the last vehicle I noticed this same condition on lost the rear end a few years later due to fluid loss.

Thus far it is such a fun car that I don't mind taking it back in for the little stuff.

Mine is an 04 as well. I love the car, but I have had some bad luck with it.

This is the first car I've ever paid for. My old car was given to me by my parents. This one is still from them, but they are only paying for it while I am in school. Probelms, not necessarily the cars fault, started with week 2. At this time I was treating the thing like royalty. Driving dwn the road and bam, a rock flies up and cracks my windshield. Had my dad have to gladd guy patch it, but it is visible again. Then I had the tire problem start up.

Then of all things a fat @ss racoon jumped in front of my car and bashed in my front bumper cover. Now I am having all of these problems. Man I can't wait till next year once I will be out of school for good. Some serious mods coming then.

leaking seal on window

did you have problems with water getting into your door?
VTOgre said:
Well, unfortunately, my LS is in the shop. Several things wrong:

1. Surging and jumpng in the transmission. Thought it just needed a PCM reflash, but it turns out it was the pressure control solenoid (this is what I was told at least by my father, service manager at the dealership)
2. Neither side mirror would adjust up. Needs a new switch.
3. Passenger seat heater would turn on, but sometimes turn right back off. Was a cracked heating element, being replaced.
4. Driver's door interior upper trim molding was loose, new clip needed.
5. Extreme road noise. From tire cupping. They rotated the tires, but still somewhat there supposedly, but got rid of vibration. Need a new set of tires, but not until I can afford it with some rims. Known problem with the stock tires for the 2004.

Also, they fixed the broken fog light and secured the front bumper front my run in with the raccoon a ways back. Luckily all of this was done under warranty. Still planning on getting an LSE kit once I can afford it.

also there is a tab you can pull out to let the water drain under the door closer to the mirror side. thats if you dont have the money to repair it after all your other problems are fixed! lol

No I didnt have a water problem. It was an interior thing, not the weather stripping. Anyways, it was fixed. Unfortunately I am moving this week so I am stuck driving a van and don't get my car back till next week.

VTOgre said:
I am stuck driving a van and don't get my car back till next week.

LOL. My daily war wagon is an empty chevy 3500 panel van provided by my employer, people tend to give me a wide berth and stay out of my way in that thing plus it makes all of my personal vehicles seem that much better. :Beer

i dont know how you feel about moving but personally, i think the process itself sucks. what may come after you get all the hard work done can sometimes be worth it. like meeting new people or making more money. but driving a van, thats gotta SUCK. but hey good luck on relocating!

Yeah well my moving sucks. I am still in school so I am moving all the time. I move this time, then come summer, I get to move back up here to D.C. then in the fall I get to move back to Virginia Tech again, then I graduate and move wherever I end up. I am ready for the process to end. At least I will have my car back soon.

Members online

No members online now.
Back