LS CD player needed

davidanthony21

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My 2001 LS has the useless tape deck with the cd changer controls (I don't have or want a trunk cd changer). I saw a Alpine 6 disk in dash cd player from a 2002 LS on ebay. Would this fit my 01' LS? Is there another in dash CD player I could use?

davidanthony21 said:
My 2001 LS has the useless tape deck with the cd changer controls (I don't have or want a trunk cd changer). I saw a Alpine 6 disk in dash cd player from a 2002 LS on ebay. Would this fit my 01' LS? Is there another in dash CD player I could use?

It will fit in there but you still would need the factory amps for that system if you don't already have them. I am almost sure that the alpine radio did not have the amp built into it.

davidanthony21 said:
There are some aftermarket ones that will work. I have one in my trunk that I control with the factory head unit. It's a Pioneer, I think.

I installed a Alpine 6 disc changer in my glove box. I had to do some cutting of the glove box stuff inside but it turned out really good. You have to buy an adapter to fit on the factory plug, I bought mine from Crutchfield.

Hawk03 said:
I installed a Alpine 6 disc changer in my glove box. I had to do some cutting of the glove box stuff inside but it turned out really good. You have to buy an adapter to fit on the factory plug, I bought mine from Crutchfield.

you got a pic of that hawk?

I will take a pic and see if I can't post them, I don't have photo shop. Every time I try the pics are too big.

Here are the pics of my cd player. This switch is for another input which is in the adapter for the cd player. I had to cut most of the back of the glove box and drill a hole for the switch and cut and widen as I went along. I cut most of the back of the glove box off but the manuel still fits in there.

th_DSC02096[1].jpg

th_DSC02098[1].jpg

DSC02095[1].jpg

DSC02097[1].jpg

I tried that photobucket site and I think I figured it out. I hope these are a little bit bigger.

DSC02095[1].jpg

DSC02096[1].jpg

DSC02097[1].jpg

DSC02098[1].jpg

If it wasn't in dash i would probably just put it(the changer) in the trunk. I use my glove box to hold too much junk.

So the factory in-dash changers from an 02'+ can't just be swapped out?

Called the dealership and they said if i wanted to swap the tape deck for the in dash changer- it would have to be from an 00-01 only.

why not go for a indash flip out video player or somthing like that
or you could move the cd changer to the fron of the car my continental has the cd changer in the arm rest

The LS doesn't have quite as big of an armrest (only a few inches deep). If I get an aftermarket in-dash player then my cool little radio control buttons on my steering wheel become useless.

i only wish i could buy somthing like a newer steering wheel and have the controls for my radion on my steering wheel any one know anything i could do

Members online

No members online now.
Back