Low Idle/Stalling Problem

CincyNavi

New LVC Member
Reaction score
About a month ago I began having trouble with my 99 Navigator starting up and maintaining a strong idle. When I would start it up in the morning or after work, it would die out immediately and I would have to give it gas for awhile before it would maintain a weak idle, enough for me to drive. Sometimes I would be able to make it to my destination without it stalling out and sometimes not. I asked some people for advice and I was told to try using fuel injector cleaner. I did that and I saw slight improvement for a while but last week I started experiencing the same problems again.

Anyone have any idea on what might be wrong?
In case you need to know, my vehicle has about 52,000 miles on it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

sounds like you have a pcv tube elbow that has sucked a hole in it causing it to stall.have that checked first.check it from the valve to the intake.

pvc

l-m tech said:
sounds like you have a pcv tube elbow that has sucked a hole in it causing it to stall.have that checked first.check it from the valve to the intake.
that's what happened to mine too.cost to fix was around $200

i agree on the vacuum leak from detriorated pcv hoses. Have seen this alot on high mileage navs.

easy to find easy to fix. I get them all the time from the ''local garage'' who cant find the problem, and has changed the oxygen sensors already LOL

Jay

yep usually you can hear it with the hood up.. probably will whistle at you... am i thinking of the same elbow that is on the rear of the intake man.??

Members online

No members online now.
Back