Heathcliphe

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm in the dilemma
I lost the only key to my Lincoln LS 2003 sport
It's birthday is 3/03/2003
I have two questions

How do I tell if this car is canbus?
Is there a workaround to get the car to accept the new key?

All in all it'll be over $850 if I have the car towed 78 miles to the nearest dealer and fixed!

I can get new key online and found a locksmith that can get the codes to cut them

What are my options?

Thank you for your time

You can program new keys (without the old ones) with Forscan. Please note that you must have at least two new PATS keys that are cut to kit your ignition lock. The procedure won't work with just one key.
(Many locksmiths probably have Forscan or similar and can do the whole thing for you now.)

You can program new keys (without the old ones) with Forscan. Please note that you must have at least two new PATS keys that are cut to kit your ignition lock. The procedure won't work with just one key.
(Many locksmiths probably have Forscan or similar and can do the whole thing for you now.)
The problem is I can't find Forscan anywhere, also what Bluetooth adapter do you recommend to use with Forscan?

As of right now I have removed the whole lock cylinder and switch assembly from the dash pain in the butt
Remove the switch from the cylinder assembly reinstall it and with the screwdriver I can get all the instrument lights to light up but the fuel pump isn't coming on and as soon as I turn the switch on the alarm goes off

I found out I can use the keypad on the door to cancel the alarm but I don't have the code numerical sequence to punch in the keypad, how can I find this code?
I've included pictures of two different keys I can order one's a genuine Lincoln key the other one is a set of two keys that are supposed to program themselves but that sounds awfully fishy what do you think?
If anyone knows how to get Forscan please PM me.

Thank you for your time

Screenshot_20240514-194435.png

Screenshot_20240514-194514.png

PATS is keeping the fuel pump off. PATS won't work if you can't get the key very close the transceiver coil that it around where the key goes in.

I see that Forscan is gone because it is a Russian company and the US is not so friendly with Russia right now. There are other tools that can do it, but they are probably more than you want to pay for the one time key programming. Just get a locksmith with the right tool to do it for you. He will have the right key blanks too.

All the PATS keys are self programming, if you have two working keys already. If not, you need a tool to put the PCM into secure mode. (Note that the keys do not get programmed. The car gets programmed to accept each new key. Each key has a unique encrypted ID.)

You need a good scan tool to get the factory code from the door pad. This will not help you at all with getting the car to start/run. The perimeter alarm going off or not isn't a factor here either.

Well now I have a new dilemma
Me and a friend search this house several times over from top to bottom couldn't find the keys I took the whole ignition switch out
After many calls I find out it can't be done without the car there
Come inside and just for the hell of it I flipped the recliner upside down and extend it and I can see the key fob it fell in and got hung up in a little pocket
I reassemble the ignition switch just as I took it out when I hook the battery up the key did shut the alarm off however I don't hear the fuel pump coming on and it won't crank
A check battery voltage it's at 11.2 jump solenoid all I hear is click click so the battery is flat I'm going to need a boost
Is there anything else anyone can think of why the fuel pump wouldn't come on now that I have the correct key again and I'm definitely getting another key
Thank you for your time

Oh I forgot to mention the pats light up on the dash the sun sensor thingy is flashing like crazy now
Yep. You either damaged the PATS transceiver coil when you pulled the lock cylinder out, or you didn't correctly reconnect the transceiver coil. I'm still curious as to why you removed the lock at all? Turning the switch won't allow you to start the car without a PATS key.

I pulled the whole ignition cylinder and switch out to get numbers off them and I was under the impression I could take them to a locksmith and he could get the code whatever that is and cut a new key for it if not I located one on eBay the whole cylinder switch assembly and everything for $100 two keys too fobs
After all that I find out that the car has to be there to not just the cylinder you can cut the key but it still wouldn't start the car he didn't tell me that at first my bad
With the light flashing like lthat is there anyway I can get a cold out of it and see what it is
Of course first step is to get the battery charged

Thank you for your time

The light is flashing out the code.
It flashes rapidly for a while, then it settles down and flashes out a two digit code and repeats that code for a few times.

The light is flashing out the code.
It flashes rapidly for a while, then it settles down and flashes out a two digit code and repeats that code for a few times.

Now that's what I was wanting to hear it's raining now tomorrow I'll get the battery charged about how long should I wait before these codes come out then I'll know for certain and have already located another pats ring to go around the ignition switch it's off of a 2002 but everything I've read says it will fit and it's local

Thank you for your time

I'm still wondering how the key (blank) would be cut to match the ignition switch... without having a key to copy.
At one time, the key cut profiles were stored by VIN number and locksmiths could pay to access that database. I don't know it this is still true, but it seems like it may be. That said, they probably erase all the old data after X years, and X is possibly less then 20 years.

Members online

No members online now.
Back