Loss of Power in my Mk8

21stcenturygadgetguy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey All! What would cause a loss of power in my Mk8? I thought it was maybe plugs & Wires, but after new on both, it isnt. Hate to say it, but bad gas?? Fuel Filter? I am not sure if this is a common problem, but I thought I would ask--94 Mk8-- Thanks!

UPDATE! It is fixed! I had bad Spark Plug Wires...Replaced them, and She is running perfect again! (Thanks to Conway Auto in La Crosse!) Thanks all!

I know, I know. I will be down to see you next time! I prob could get way better wheels with the $$$ I spent!! O~well, thats what money is for... Next time Rich!!

....if you're thinking about it, consider changing that fuel filter too. It's a maintenance item.

im going to pay someone to change my fuel filter. thats pos wouldnt come out for anything for me.

im going to pay someone to change my fuel filter. thats pos wouldnt come out for anything for me.

My girlfriend changed mine for me on Sunday. Are you using the right disconnect tool? It took her about 10 minutes....

"Are you using the right disconnect tool? It took her about 10 minutes...."

What disconnect tool are you talking about? I do plan on changing it as soon as spring comes, Im not working on a car in this SNOW!

A fuel line disconnect tool.... I find the plastic ones are much easier than the metal. If I recall correctly it's 3/16.

Members online

No members online now.
Back