Little Late to the party

hotrodlnkn

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy.
Bought my 05 LS off my grandparents. Little did I know I was buying a jag with a facelift. I don't plan on doing anything big to it. I already found the governed top speed, might turn that up. Soon I'll replace the radio, mine is not the THX.

Hey Hotrod, welcome to the Lincoln forum. I'm new also, joined earlier this week. I bought my wife a 03 LS V8 a couple years ago. She was blown away by the 160 MPH speedometer. So I am just curious, for my wife's safety, what is the top speed governor set at? Thanks.

Hey Hotrod, welcome to the Lincoln forum. I'm new also, joined earlier this week. I bought my wife a 03 LS V8 a couple years ago. She was blown away by the 160 MPH speedometer. So I am just curious, for my wife's safety, what is the top speed governor set at? Thanks.
Many cars have 160 mph speedometers. That doesn't mean they can reach it. What yours is set at depends on the tires that it came with from the factory. I think that most are set at 136, some at 149, and maybe a few at 125. Some first gen had no limit, but they weren't going to hit 150 either.

Hi and welcome to the LVC. Glad you can make it. As you can see you've already found good sources for help. :cool:

Members online

Back