Let's Have A Mark VIII Convention

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is ever been done on a grand scale, but I propose we have a yearly Mark VIII convention. I know there is Carlile, but that is nothing but Fords. What do you think? I think we have enough members to get something like this going. I also own a Gen II SHO, and the guys at Shoforum are really organized. I've been to two already. I would like to organize a national Convention for Mark VIII owners for Summer of 2006 here in Houston. What needs to happen is to get an organizing group to gether to discuss logistics and future host sites every year. What do you guys all think?Can this be done?

GMAN

GMAN said:
I don't know if this is ever been done on a grand scale, but I propose we have a yearly Mark VIII convention. I know there is Carlile, but that is nothing but Fords. What do you think? I think we have enough members to get something like this going. I also own a Gen II SHO, and the guys at Shoforum are really organized. I've been to two already. I would like to organize a national Convention for Mark VIII owners for Summer of 2006 here in Houston. What needs to happen is to get an organizing group to gether to discuss logistics and future host sites every year. What do you guys all think?Can this be done?

GMAN

Whos buying my ticket, and paying the shipping bill?

GMAN said:

GMAN

Man, I'm a Jersey Boy that lived in TX for 4 1/2 years... Lewisville (State 5A Football Champs '93 '94) Anyway, TX is a great state to drive in. Their roads are in awesome shape!! I fear if I drove to a Houston meet, I'd never come home.

well by than I will be livening in MN and from there its a straight drive to Texas on I35, I will definitely go. Just tell me when and where

are you all crazy Pay for me and Ill come... You have a car DRIVE it will be fun as hell thing about we will all be on some of the same roads and just drive. that would be cool as hell IM in.

Markviiiedrea said:
well by than I will be livening in MN and from there its a straight drive to Texas on I35, I will definitely go. Just tell me when and where
You know, I know for some people, I know it would be far, I am proposing something we hold every year. Each year, a different Host city. Last summer I drove to San Francisco with my SHO it was great. This summer, I am going to Indianapolis. Every year, the Convention can be hosted in different cities. I anticipate at least 100-150 attendees for a convention. Houston could be the first city. Planned events will be Drag Racing, Car Show, Cruise to the Beach in Galveston, followed by a day at the beach, A Houston Astros Game, ending with a banquet. I need help from any members in the Houston Area. Just drop me a line. :invasion:

GMAN

Members online

No members online now.
Back